Questions about the 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Chemowski, Mar 18, 2012.

Mar 18, 2012
    • Newcomer

Chemowski New Member

Message Count:
    Sweden
    Okay. I live in Sweden, and I found this really awesome site that sells Nintendo 3DS's, bundled with flashkarts and memorysticks for a great price. The flashkarts they offer is
    M3i Zero
    R4i
    Acekard 2i

Which of these shall I go with? Which is the "best" one?

Also1: Can I start play Pokemon on my computer, and then simply move the save files and rom to the flashcart and continue from there?

Also2: By using a flashcart, you shouldn't update the 3DS, right? Can I still access the 3DS store?

Also3: Can the flashcarts run GBA, GBC and GB games?

Also4: Can I use the multiplayer and online aspects of the game with a flashcart? Can I battle my friends over pokemon with a 3ds and flashkart?

Is there anything else I need to know?

Thanks!
    • Administrator

Costello Headmaster

Message Count:
    best one of the list you gave us: acekard 2i
    best one (imo) on the market: supercard dstwo

also1: there might be a way to convert your savegames from the emulator to your flashcart format. I havent tried this but it seems possible.
    http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php that of your flashcart. I'm pretty sure this should work but... you can never be sure until you've tried it.

also2: dont take my word for it but I'm pretty sure you can update and access the 3DS store...

also3: the flashcarts can't run GBA games. There is an emulator that plays GB and GBC games pretty well. If you must have GBA emulation get a Supercard DSTWO (high end flashcart) which comes with a GBA emulator.

also4: you can use everything multiplayer yes.

celcodioc Major A$$hole

Message Count:
    Sweden
    On a side note, don't all flashcarts use the same save format? My R4i saves work perfectly on NO$GBA, the DSTwo, and DeSmuME.
    • Reporter

Tom Bombadildo IF ONLY I COULD BE SO GROSSLY INCANDESCENT

Message Count:
    United States
    It is possible to use the eShop as long as your 3DS is updated to the latest firmware.

Go with the AK2i, it's the best out of the 3 listed. Make sure it has the latest firmware, then you can update your 3DS to the latest firmware and access the eShop.
    • Administrator

Costello Headmaster

Message Count:
    if that was the case, I don't think there would be any need for a converter :creep: just saying...

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Message Count:
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Most flash carts nowadays use the same format, just like most flash carts use usercheat.dat.

The Milkman GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman

Message Count:
    United States
    I thought only SC, AK and R4/M3 used different sav formats but I think emulator saves work with any cards. Also, what'd with the "k"s bro?
    • Newcomer

Chemowski New Member

Message Count:
    Sweden
    Sorry, I've read so many spellings like "acekard" and the swedish "slangs" for flash cart is flashkort so I thought that was the spelling... or something.

Zhuzhuchina sells acekard 2i bundled with 8 gb kingston memory for about 20 usd. Is that a nice price?

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Message Count:
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Don't get the bunbled memory.

First off, cheap memory from those sites tend to be crap.
    Second, it being kingston shows it's more likely, as fakes and such are rampant overseas.
    http://www.bunniestudios.com/blog/?p=918

You do NOT want a bad MicroSD. Do yourself a favor and get your MicroSD in an actual retail store near you, and go for a class-4 or class-6 to be safe.
    1 people like this.

Weaselpipe Erratic Temp user

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Most flashcarts do use the same Sav, but Emulators aren't as kind- that site successfully got my Pokemon Black sav off DeSmuME onto my Edge card so it shouldn't be a problem.

Am I the only person who's had good luck with memory cards? I got the dodgiest looking microSD- MSProDuo converter bundled with a 16GB MicroSD for £8 and my PSP1000 reads it faster than my 4gb sony one!