Hardware Questions about PSP's video and picture viewer.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
1) Is there such way to tell PSP to rotate vertical pictures automatically during slide show?
2) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ play a song during slide show or picture viewing manually?
3)^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ delete a picture in viewing mode and not in browsing mode?
4)^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^to view .MPG files or .DIVX files without conversion?
5)What good video converter for PSP do u suggest.

tomqman

This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PSP Video 9 for the converter. im not sure about the other questions if you want to play music in slideshow start the song playing then veiw slideshow

Taras

I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I tried PSP video 9 and it seemed to be ad-laden garbage which I couldn't even get to work. Maybe user error, but I got impatient with the interface. And I couldn't get it to read the whole Disc, only individual VOB files.

I've been trying Total Video Converter and the audio is choppy. I've tried every MP4 setting.

Then I tried Handbrake and it complains about the source needing to be non-copyrighted.

And Super doesn't seem to take the full disc as a source.

I swear video is the worst thing ever to deal with.

Fuck.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
yeah, and even if you manage to do it after 2 hours of H.D.D. killer process, guess what, the sound and video are not synch ...

I always wondered how these pirates rip their DVD'es so good.

Where is aXXo when you need one!

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
With some homebrew you most likely can view divx videos, not sure though.

I used pspvideo9 but it got crappy with all updates etc. last time i used some psp video express or something like that.

And to listen music while browsing pictures. Go to play some music, press home button --> go to view pictures.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1) Is there such way to tell PSP to rotate vertical pictures automatically during slide show?
2) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ play a song during slide show or picture viewing manually?
3)^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ delete a picture in viewing mode and not in browsing mode?

1) Dunno with official viewer, but you could use something like PeP-Viewer.
2) Yes, with PeP-Viewer.
3) Uhm, try PeP-Viewer.
4) No way to do it. There's some strange Korean player, but it only plays LOOOOW resolution DivX.
5) XVid4PSP.

yeah, and even if you manage to do it after 2 hours of H.D.D. killer process, guess what, the sound and video are not synch ...

You can easily get DVD-quality videos, with the right settings on XVid4PSP, also I had no synch problems whatosever with anime episodes (25-30mins)
tongue.gif

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
TaMs, I did the same thing and doing that will stop the music.
Just after I select Memory Card from Photo section, the music stops.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
thnx raul!
raul, do you know answer of my first post here?

Yes, answered it some posts ago:

1) Dunno with official viewer, but you could use something like PeP-Viewer.
2) Yes, with PeP-Viewer.
3) Uhm, try PeP-Viewer.
4) No way to do it. There's some strange Korean player, but it only plays LOOOOW resolution DivX.
5) XVid4PSP.

You can easily get DVD-quality videos, with the right settings on XVid4PSP, also I had no synch problems whatosever with anime episodes (25-30mins)
tongue.gif

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
would you please share settings that you used on Xvid4PSP ?
Does it convert .rmvb files to xvid? yes it does.

@raul: tested PeP-Viewer but its loading time is much slower than PSP's picture viewer and plus, it doesnt have slide show (atleast I couldnt find it)
and solution for above problems? (I tried changing CPU to 333 and precaching, no luck)

Taras

I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying Handbrake again. I was being retarded. I needed to select the Video_TS folder, not simply the drive letter.

Will report on how that works.

Handbrake didn't work for me. It encoded for about 4-6 hours and the DOS screen froze. Needless to say the file was useless.

Now trying XviD4PSP.

Video conversion is the suck.

Edit: God-Jesus Dammnit. Xvid4PSP stopped after ten minutes. Left me with a 17 MB file. I tried to run it and it locked up my machine. Upon rebooting, it needed to reinstall drivers for my DVD drive. Fuck. Double Fuck. I'm just not going to convert this copt of Booty Call.
frown.gif

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
damn, after 1.5 hour of downloading XVID4PSP it says .NET FRAMEWORK 3!

WHO THE FUCK USES .NET FRAMEWORK FOR SUCH PROGRAAAAM?

its just not so NOT-TEST84 !

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying Handbrake again. I was being retarded. I needed to select the Video_TS folder, not simply the drive letter.

Will report on how that works.

Handbrake didn't work for me. It encoded for about 4-6 hours and the DOS screen froze. Needless to say the file was useless.

Now trying XviD4PSP.

Video conversion is the suck.

Edit: God-Jesus Dammnit. Xvid4PSP stopped after ten minutes. Left me with a 17 MB file. I tried to run it and it locked up my machine. Upon rebooting, it needed to reinstall drivers for my DVD drive. Fuck. Double Fuck. I'm just not going to convert this copt of Booty Call.
frown.gif

Try Videora. It's a program which handles video to iPod conversions but there are versions out there for the PSP as well and it works fine.

Chroniss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I used pspvideo9 but it got crappy with all updates etc. last time i used some psp video express or something like that.

Use version 1.74, should show up in google. Works great for avi's and mp4's, nice and simple.

For MKV or others try avi to pmp with the pmp player. Should be noted that softsubs in mkv will not work without extracting the subs first, and making them a hardsub.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqw6t28P9po