CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi, im currently about to perform a nand access mod on a original 3DS, however iv just got some questions before I start,
Can I use a USB extender's output as the nand->output and then the input as input -> SD?
Also, IV seen that the 3DS is suppose to show a bootrom error, can I start the 3DS without it connected to the PC?
And last, I have destroyed two of the small screw's any tips?

Thanks. (Also any diagrams or images so I solder the cabels to the right place would be appreciated)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
1, not sure what you mean exactly here, I assume you mean can you use a USB port to have NAND access.........while you can use a USB port it isn't a USB port it's just another way oh being able to connect and disconnect the sd-NAND mod when not in use

2, of course, if you connect without it being connected to the PC it works as normal

3, depen on how ruined they are, if there is still some head lef, try a slightly larger screw driver and apply plent of force.........just be carful not to put pressure on the screens

4, you should already have read up before you start dismantling the console, but here you go
http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Hardware#NAND_pinout

Reactions: filfat

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Sweden
Yes, I have read up about the pin outs, I just wanted to make sure that I was correct XD
About the USB mod I meant that I use a USB output and input to connect the SD card cable to the PC for example:
NAND->USB Output, USB Input -> SD Card.

Also, I should connect CLK, CMD and DAT0, or did I miss anything,

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Sweden
The screw's:
dnD6mvd.jpg

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
And ground :P, yeah you can use USB ports for the mod, just be sure you don't just plug it into a USB cable though, only use your usb to sd adapter

Edit: and them screws look like you might be able to get them, use a slightly bigger screw driver and use quite a bit of pressure,then turn slowly to see if you can catch the screw enough to loosen it, I believe you can get special screw extractors but not sure if they do them that small :P! might be left with either drilling the head off the screw or breaking the plastic around the screw! neither of which are very pretty

I will admit the screws on the standard 3ds do have a tendency of being in very tight, it's always best to go slow and firm in those situations until it's loosened a bit

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Damn dude did you use a drill to open it !! :blink:
i believe so :lol: i have personally had to drill the hads off screws before to get them out when the head is messed up(not like that though its pretty messy a smaller drill bit would of been appropriate)....but the thing i am most concerned about is the fact it looks like it goes right through.......i assume its more of a weird picture illusion

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i believe so :lol: i have personally had to drill the hads off screws before to get them out when the head is messed up(not like that though its pretty messy a smaller drill bit would of been appropriate)....but the thing i am most concerned about is the fact it looks like it goes right through.......i assume its more of a weird picture illusion

No, i'm pretty sure it goes right through lol.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i repaired a 3ds with stripped screws, i sawed off the back cover and put in a new housing to make it look new :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I live maybe 3 minutes from a Dairy Queen, so I would just go there for ice cream anything anyways. I usually get the Oreo Blizzard, or a Peanut Buster Parfait.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats a dairy queen?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ice cream shop
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, mmmm ice cream
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremums a dairy queen
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: