nitorinitori

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi,

I'm thinking to get an Unpatched Switch, because they're cheaper and more versatile than normal Switch. I've seen there are a lot of risks to Jailbreak even in 2022. My plan for Jailbroken Switch is to play Emulators on emuNAND and then legit online game on sysNAND.
  1. How safe is it if I make a clean emuNAND (+ incognito all that stuff), not connecting to Internet at all while on emuNAND, and when I have to back to sysNAND, I'll be turning off the console and turn it on back, and then play legit online game like Splatoon 3 ?
  2. There's in the guide saying that emuNAND is volatile, meaning if I turn it off, I'll have to redo everything. Is that true ?
  3. If I backup my legit copy of a game, and install them, can I play it on sysNAND ? Will I get banned ?
  4. Is Firmware update required on emuNAND ? I think that updating FW on emuNAND is a bit hassle, since I wont be connecting to online anyways.
  5. Can I only update sysNAND FW if there's an update and leave emuNAND FW as it is ?
  6. What does "burning the e-fuses" means ?
I'm noob in Switch scene,
so, Thanks in advance !

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emunand is best for doing all the dirty homebrew, and pirating stuff. Most people install Emunand, and also use 90DNS to block Nintendo servers, and keep their sysnand clean of CFW, so in case the Emunand is banned, your sysnand shouldn't.

As long as you keep sysnand clean, online games like splatoon will work fine.

You can make permanent Emunand

like I said before, only install digital game backups and homebrew on the Emunand, it is not recommended to install on sysnand

as long as you don't connect to Nintendo servers, you should not need to update Emunand

Sysnand and Emunand are like two different switches, updating one should not affect the other

many devices have things called E-Fuses, they allow updates to completely rewrite code at the system level. Systems may have many E-Fuses, but every update blows one. If you downgraded, it is very dangerous because you do not know how many E-Fuses you have left, so you might brick your device by doing so. Please be cautious of downgrading.

Reactions: nitorinitori

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Emunand is best for doing all the dirty homebrew, and pirating stuff. Most people install Emunand, and also use 90DNS to block Nintendo servers, and keep their sysnand clean of CFW, so in case the Emunand is banned, your sysnand shouldn't.

As long as you keep sysnand clean, online games like splatoon will work fine.

You can make permanent Emunand

like I said before, only install digital game backups and homebrew on the Emunand, it is not recommended to install on sysnand

as long as you don't connect to Nintendo servers, you should not need to update Emunand

Sysnand and Emunand are like two different switches, updating one should not affect the other

many devices have things called E-Fuses, they allow updates to completely rewrite code at the system level. Systems may have many E-Fuses, but every update blows one. If you downgraded, it is very dangerous because you do not know how many E-Fuses you have left, so you might brick your device by doing so. Please be cautious of downgrading.
fusée gelée bypass all fuse check,thats the whole point so you can always boot up no mater how many fuse you have burnt
that being said there is no point in downgrading, personally i would do my firmware update trough official means on sysnand(to play online)
you can check your fuse trough hekate

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
If you downgraded, it is very dangerous because you do not know how many E-Fuses you have left, so you might brick your device by doing so. Please be cautious of downgrading.
First of all, downgrading the switch is so useless. Second, the fuse counter doesn't matter when you use a custom bootloader like hekate.

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, downgrading the switch is so useless. Second, the fuse counter doesn't matter when you use a custom bootloader like hekate.
The only reason (that I can see) to downgrade your firmware is if a coldboot exploit comes out not requiring a modchip/rcm. But It's not likely there will be one

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm thinking to get an Unpatched Switch, because they're cheaper and more versatile than normal Switch. I've seen there are a lot of risks to Jailbreak even in 2022. My plan for Jailbroken Switch is to play Emulators on emuNAND and then legit online game on sysNAND.
  1. How safe is it if I make a clean emuNAND (+ incognito all that stuff), not connecting to Internet at all while on emuNAND, and when I have to back to sysNAND, I'll be turning off the console and turn it on back, and then play legit online game like Splatoon 3 ?
  2. There's in the guide saying that emuNAND is volatile, meaning if I turn it off, I'll have to redo everything. Is that true ?
  3. If I backup my legit copy of a game, and install them, can I play it on sysNAND ? Will I get banned ?
  4. Is Firmware update required on emuNAND ? I think that updating FW on emuNAND is a bit hassle, since I wont be connecting to online anyways.
  5. Can I only update sysNAND FW if there's an update and leave emuNAND FW as it is ?
  6. What does "burning the e-fuses" means ?
I'm noob in Switch scene,
so, Thanks in advance !
1 About as safe as your going to get. You can even connect to the internet once you have incognito or block Nintendo's servers (Google emmc.txt). Use both to be extra safe.

2 yes but standby is fine. And if you do turn off holding vol+ while pressing power isn't hard (buy an RCM loader).

3 if you buy a legit copy... It's already on the sysnand so I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean can you have a 2nd copy on your emunand then yes.... As long as you block Nintendo or go incognito.

4. Only if a new game requires new firmware. Your emunand is a carbon copy of the system.... But you obviously can't update via Nintendo. Look at using aio updater. Every time you need to update atmosphere and your sig patches. Once done you can update via aio updater and daybreak.

5 update sysnand normally via Nintendo. In theory you don't need to update emunand.... But there's always a chance you might for some game.

6. Every time you update fw via Nintendo it burns a fuse. So basically you can't backdate your sysnand to a lower fw. Custom firmware Like atmosphere should bypass this check (on any nand). So in theory you could hack the sysnand download old firmware.... But if you did you'd need custom firmware just to get it to boot as the official firmware would know you'd been tampering with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo