Hacking [QUESTION/REQUEST] Run CFW on 9.3/9.4

Roboman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a 9.4 n3ds I want to run CFW on. I *could* downgrade with memchunkhax 2 but why? Firm launch hax still works on that firmware. Could someone make a CFW launcher for memchunkhax 2+firm launch hax?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
So I have a 9.4 n3ds I want to run CFW on. I *could* downgrade with memchunkhax 2 but why? Firm launch hax still works on that firmware. Could someone make a CFW launcher for memchunkhax 2+firm launch hax?
Would be quite the unstable mess.

Roboman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care if it's not very stable when launching. Once you get CFW running it's very stable. Also I trust downgrading with arm9 more than downgrading with arm11.
It can't be to hard to use SU Lib +Brahma, can it?

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, lol. If you want CFW, then you should have to take the risk of bricking.

Also, you don't need free games.

Reactions: Deleted User

Roboman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, lol. If you want CFW, then you should have to take the risk of bricking.

Also, you don't need free games.

Hm, I thought the community wanted less bricks, and everyone to get free homebrew without being locked out of Nintendo's services because of it.
CFW enables some sweet homebrew, via dynarec and full access to the hardware, including arm9.

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, I thought the community wanted less bricks, and everyone to get free homebrew without being locked out of Nintendo's services because of it.
CFW enables some sweet homebrew, via dynarec and full access to the hardware, including arm9.
I had no issues downgrading my New3DS from 10.3 to 9.2 It was more than worth it

mitroux

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
I don't care if it's not very stable when launching. Once you get CFW running it's very stable. Also I trust downgrading with arm9 more than downgrading with arm11.
It can't be to hard to use SU Lib +Brahma, can it?

why not try to backup your nand then try to downgrade? if you don(t know how to open a n3ds or how to make hardmods , then there are many guys here that can do that for you , like that you can keep your "precious" 9.4 nand , downgrade and even write back your nand if you feel like restoring it

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a thread around here regarding downgrading from versions between 9.2 and 10.3? I imagine it's no different than just going 10.3 > 9.2 but I read somewhere people were upgrading to 10.3 then going back to 9.2 if they were on one of the 'inbetween' firmware versions to avoid softbricking

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It would be easier and more worth your time to just downgrade to 9.0/9.2 and run a CFW that way. Downgrading really only has a risk if you do something stupid like downgrade with an incorrect 3DS firmware (New3DS on Old3DS and vise versa) removing the SD card, turning off the 3DS, ect. The downgrader itself actually has a low risk of bricking.

Uring

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Hello this may help you. I was on 9.4 on a new3dsxl and did a downgrade. Sadly the downgrade was not successful and I had to update to 10.3 and downgrade again success! I downgraded 4 times from 10.3 in that time since I did a system transfer. So I would recommend not to downgrade with the current tools since updating to 10.3 is out the question now. Unless you have some kind of physical cartridge to update somewhere above 9.4 and then do the process again.

Note: The downgrading process was very safe to me since I use the correct files and tools and I consider that the risk of bricking lies within the user.

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is kindof a silly ask. Sure, maybe it could be done, but who cares. There are going to be so few people who want this. I am pretty sure the devs are working on the stuff they find most interesting and in all likelihood it's the stuff that the scene also finds most interesting. Asking for a niche request is a bit fruitless unless: 1). You want to take a survey of interest and plan to tackle it yourself (which you should if it is something you think is worthwhile) or 2). are interested in trying to pay the devs to get them to prioritize what you want.

I think the answer to *why* in your question is because what you want can be done, sure it can be done in theory but there is no mechanism for it.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Community DOES want less bricks. Do what every guide out there tells you to do, and back up your NAND first. If that means you have to hardmod it to dump the NAND before downgrading, then that's what you should do. If there's other ways to launch (for example) Gateway's launcher to dump your NAND before downgrading, then go that route.

Last edited by dubbz82,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: And sometimes Z