Homebrew Question about Luma 3DS

Jeremy37111

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using the latest version of luma,latest 3ds update,new 3ds xl,b9s. On my old 3ds xl I have emunand9 with menuhax (let's you hold "L" to boot into CFW). My old 3ds let's me have a 9.2 firmware(sysnand) and the latest firmware(emunand). I was wondering if I could have 9.2 and 11.8 on my new 3ds? Or does using b9s not allow that? Thanks in advance...If you need more info to answer my question just ask. :)

zSyntex

Berserker of myself.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I am using the latest version of luma,latest 3ds update,new 3ds xl,b9s. On my old 3ds xl I have emunand9 with menuhax (let's you hold "L" to boot into CFW). My old 3ds let's me have a 9.2 firmware(sysnand) and the latest firmware(emunand). I was wondering if I could have 9.2 and 11.8 on my new 3ds? Or does using b9s not allow that? Thanks in advance...If you need more info to answer my question just ask. :)
Nope dude, sysNAND isn't a problem with Luma 9.1, that works flawless with 11.8 :)

Jeremy37111

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but why would you want to? Older firmwares have no advantage over newer ones in any way. Updating sysnand is perfectly safe and you won't need to use over a gigabyte on the SD card.
Using older firmware let's me take advantage of bugs that were patched.(generate pokemon, gateway card,etc)... could u send me the link to how to do it?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you understand. I want 9.2 AND 11.8 on ONE system. And I was wondering if that is even possible with b9s.

The :) method

1. Install or update your custom firmware with Luma3DS v9.1, boot9strap v1.3, and GodMode9 v1.7.1 on both your SD card and CTRNAND.
  2. Ditch the Gateway 3DS flashcart and get rid of EmuNAND.
  3. Have 11.8.0-41 3DS firmware on your SysNAND.
  4. Install all your *.3ds converted to *.cia games on HOME Menu.
The :( method
  1. Install or update your custom firmware with Luma3DS v9.1, boot9strap v1.3, and GodMode9 v1.7.1 on both your SD card and CTRNAND.
  2. Copy everything off your SD card and reformat it as FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size. Put nothing back on it yet.
  3. Insert card into 3DS, and boot GodMode9 in CTRNAND. Using the (HOME) button, go to SD format menu → GW EmuNAND size (full).
  4. Turn off the 3DS and copy all your stuff back onto the SD card. Boot the 3DS and go to Luma3DS configuration. Make sure Autoboot EmuNAND isn't selected.
  5. Update the SysNAND to firmware 11.8.0-41 through System Settings. Turn off the 3DS.
  6. Put SysUpdater and 9.2.0-20 firmware package found from that darth site on your SD card.
  7. Boot the 3DS and go to Luma3DS configuration again. Select Autoboot EmuNAND.
  8. Go to HOME Menu and check System Settings for the Emu tag. Ensure your 3DS is using EmuNAND.
  9. Launch SysUpdate and downgrade the 3DS firmware to 9.2.0-20 on your EmuNAND. Pray that you're using EmuNAND because you can brick while downgrading.
If you brick your 3DS while downgrading, especially if it was done on your SysNAND, just know that's on you. I take no fault if you mess up trying to make something work that should be retired. For any questions or concern clarifying the latter method, I leave that up to you to research for yourself.

Reactions: Itzumi

Flaflo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
flaflo.xyz
XP
Country
Germany
Duh!

Attachments

• a485840406.png
    a485840406.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 144

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: but well atleast my game tv stick can, @Psionic Roshambo