Homebrew Question about IOS249 and

Arch Feline

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am still suffering through playing my game in Black and White and not being able to distinguish between red and green. I used (Wii) IOS Version Patcher by Waninkoko to patch the iso to IOS249.

It does not work: The iso does get patched to IOS249, but my Wii does not fetch IOS249. I still get an unlit TV screen when I launch the game from the disk channel. Somehow the system does not recognize that IOS249 is there I am guessing. When I run NeoGamma. NeoGamma gives me a message that IOS249 is not installed.

How do I announce the presence of IOS249? Or are there some cables that I can buy to see my game in color.

(PAL Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. PAL has 2 helmet for Emil that are broken. One from beating the Monster Arena Coliseum and one from Beating the Phoenix and opening the chest with the Balacruf Crest: [Glory, Accelerate, +3 to aerial combo, +3 to ground combo] [Item Finder 3 + some other stuff]).

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
force video to your region. im also assuming that youve forced games to run under ios249 via preloader?
also, it would be better help if you mentioned how youre loading the game (besides neogamma)

Arch Feline

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I put in the burned game DVD the disk screen displays the game in color. If I could just install the IOS249 in a way that is visible to Wasabi, then I think that I would be good.

I have a Wasabi Zero on Wii D2C. When I load a game patched from IOS33 to IOS249, I get the unlit TV screen.

Am I patching the wrong way? Should I give a number over than 249 for the patch? Anyhow I know that IOS249 is there but for some reason the first search does not find it. Is there some way to renumber IOS249 to a number that Wasabi can locate?

Both Wasabi and NeoGamma are not finding IOS249 when they look for it. NeoGamma displays the message "You are not using IOS249." NeoGamma finds IOS249 when NeoGamma looks for any cIOS I am guessing: NeoGamma says IOS249 is not there but picks up IOS249 when NeoGamma loads.

At least if I can make IOS249 visible to Wasabi I can dump NeoGamma.

I am wondering if somehow IOS249 is expecting the Team Twiizer's HBC to be installed? and the reason why my patch does not work is that a search for IOS249 depends on the HBC being installed. I have the Jay Paradox HBC.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what the fuck? did you ever run the installer for 249? its just a dol you can run from homebrew channel. there is no "dumping IOS", "dumping neogamma", or "making IOS visible to wasabi". you have to just install it, end of story.

Arch Feline

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
what the fuck? did you ever run the installer for 249? its just a dol you can run from homebrew channel. there is no "dumping IOS", "dumping neogamma", or "making IOS visible to wasabi". you have to just install it, end of story.

Thank you for taking the time to post. Yes. IOS249 is installed. I installed IOS249 with Bannerbomb. NeoGamma is not going to run without IOS249. I know this and many others do. Feel free not to know this though.

The point that I am making about visibility of IOS249 is that NeoGamma displays the error message "You are not using IOS249." There are many ways to look up a module. IOS249 is not visible in at least one of the possible searches. NeoGamma does not find IOS249 when looking for IOS249. NeoGamma finds IOS249 when looking for a cIOS.

Apparently I failed to state this sufficiently in my post. NeoGamma launches the game. The game is either in Black and White or in solid Green or in unlit Black depending on the settings chosen.

I did try the standard permutations and many others besides. You have not played this game in color on NeoGamma have you?

Thank you again for charm and wisdom.

kezza825

Trophies
XP
Country
Dude, use Bannerbomb to run HackMii and install the HBC, BootMii & DVDx v2. Use BootMii to install WADManager, download IOS249 and install it. just type in on Google - "How to run NeoGamma R8 Beta 15"

Sorry for late post but I had to say something lol.

foxgrey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Apparently I failed to state this sufficiently in my post. NeoGamma launches the game. The game is either in Black and White or in solid Green or in unlit Black depending on the settings chosen.

I did try the standard permutations and many others besides. You have not played this game in color on NeoGamma have you?

Thank you again for charm and wisdom.

I can't say much that hasn't been said about the IOS 249 issues, other than re-installing it. But the issues about the black and white, or solid green or solid black screens sound very much like your trying to play a game that is pal, on a ntsc console. You can try to force the video options, but a lot of games still refuse to display properly. The only advice I can give is to find a dump of the game that is in ntsc instead of the pal version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: First she gets the clap, then I get the slap? +1