Bazzaro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
My Switch information:

I have a Switch running 7.0.1 with OS SX 2.7.1 Beta. I have NSPs installed on both SysNand and SDcard, while running XCI from HDD and SDcard. Since first hacking my Switch with HBL I have not gone online, have used silent mode with OS SX and have used DNS blockers, so I am 90% sure my Switch is not banned. I have a backup of my RAW Nand from 3.0.1.

My understanding of Emunad:

I know that OS SX makes a dump of Boot0 + Boot1 and RAW Nand. The idea is that you install everything using this emunad and run OS SX through this so that your SYSnand OFW stays clean. Thus allowing you to 'look clean online' when running OFW + official games but still have fun with OS SX through Emunad.

I understand that you could do things around the other way - Keep the Emunad clean with an OFW install and boot into the Emunad when wanting to use online with official bought games. While booting into OS SX from the SDcard for CFW stuff.

With both these options I am a little late, given what I have done with my Switch. I know that making an Emunand of what my Nand is now defeats the point of Emunand.

I also understand that Emunad doesn't stop you from getting banned, just lowers the risk.

I also assume that I need to delete the NSPs that are installed on the Sysnand before going online, as this will lead to insta-ban.

My question:

Given that I am correct in thinking that I could have a Emunad with the newest OWF and boot into that when wanting to play with my official games online.

Am I able to use my 3.0.1 Nand backup files to create a clean Emunad, update that firmware to the newest OWF on a different SDcard and boot into that when wanting to play with my official games online? I will have a different SDcard for CFW files (NSPs, XCI, Homebrew, etc)

My plan (needing someone to confirm this is possible):

- A clean SDcard and with OS SX boot.dat on it. Using OS SX bootloader, make an Emunand with the 'hidden partition' option.
- Once the Emunand is completed, put SD card in computer and replace some of the Emunand created files with the files I have from my RAW Nand 3.0.1 backup
- Use this SDcard as a OFW and only booting into the emunand to play my real games online. This SDcard will have nothing used in CFW besides boot.dat on it. While using my other SDcard for SX OS stuff

Is this possible? Or -

- Do I need to fully restore the RAW Nand, make the Emunand from the fresh / clean Nand and reinstall everything on this new Emunand?

Just trying to avoid restoring from the RAW Nand...

Sorry for the long post, just wanting to put all the info forward.

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
You can set up emunand while still on 7.0.1
Why would you need to downgrade a the way back to 3.0.1. it's pointlessly at this point. Good thing that you configured the DNS settings correctly.
You can't however be sure whether or not you are banned. likewise even still if you delete the NSPs that you mentioned has a small chance of getting banned as Nintendo will detect usage of pirated stuff online.
Trust me better stay away from online, if a ll that's what you need emunand for. I mean, if you want emunand that bad still, then sure go ahead and install it but don't downgrade to 3.0. it's not needed. Side note: you can set up LAN play if your console gets kicked off of online services.

Bazzaro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Thanks NoNAND for the reply. Great to hear that there is no need to downgrade to 3.0

My main thoughts on looking into EmuNand and getting online is for Mario Marker 2. I am looking to buy it and Switch online so that I can play user levels.

MisterMarbles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks NoNAND for the reply. Great to hear that there is no need to downgrade to 3.0

My main thoughts on looking into EmuNand and getting online is for Mario Marker 2. I am looking to buy it and Switch online so that I can play user levels.
I'm in the exact same boat as you, but I haven't bought a switch yet. So I'm wondering what my best options are.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Except all of reddit 4chan and YouTube reviewers