Hacking Question about cheats and legit games

r4izuk0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I use edizon cheats on legit game carts? Will my saves affect the cart? I’m able to use cheats on my purchased eshop games and was wondering if I can do the same with carts through sysnand. All games are being played offline only.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I use edizon cheats on legit game carts? Will my saves affect the cart? I’m able to use cheats on my purchased eshop games and was wondering if I can do the same with carts through sysnand. All games are being played offline only.

Moderate chance of a ban with homebrew

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can use Edizon to cheat on games played via cart. Edizon executes the cheat codes by modifying the data loaded into the console's RAM, which is independent of the ROM source (digital or cart). The saves are stored in the console's storage rather than the cart. As far as I know, saves cannot modify/corrupt ROMs. I would generally advise against using Edizon on your sysMMC if you would like to utilize Nintendo's online services later on. This is a ban risk. The Switch collects telemetry data whether or not it is "online" and sends that data to Nintendo upon connecting to their servers.

r4izuk0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can use Edizon to cheat on games played via cart. Edizon executes the cheat codes by modifying the data loaded into the console's RAM, which is independent of the ROM source (digital or cart). The saves are stored in the console's storage rather than the cart. As far as I know, saves cannot modify/corrupt ROMs. I would generally advise against using Edizon on your sysMMC if you would like to utilize Nintendo's online services later on. This is a ban risk. The Switch collects telemetry data whether or not it is "online" and sends that data to Nintendo upon connecting to their servers.

If this is done on sysnand(cfw) and I reboot the console back to stock firmware, will nintendo still detect cfw it if I go online(eshop, updating game patch) ?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If this is done on sysnand(cfw) and I reboot the console back to stock firmware, will nintendo still detect cfw it if I go online(eshop, updating game patch) ?
If your sysnand is dirty (like installed a NSP) yes, they will indeed detect it. Else you need a clean emunand. Creator of Edizon haven't been banned even when using Edizon on his sysnand and only using homebrew. But installing unsigned files is the big nono.

Gavin80001x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your sysnand is dirty (like installed a NSP) yes, they will indeed detect it. Else you need a clean emunand. Creator of Edizon haven't been banned even when using Edizon on his sysnand and only using homebrew. But installing unsigned files is the big nono.
Hi wanted to touch up on this if you don't mind since I can't really find an answer for this.

There are save files on GBATemp, mostly stuff for 100% or all items. Is it safe if I put these on my own sysnand? I would ONLY be doing this for single player games like Totk, Resident Evil, etc. I've edited with PKHex and been fine, but that was editing my own save, not other player's saves. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1