Hacking Question about backup loading

gonzab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've read he guide about softmodding the PS3 and a couple more others in other sites and I think it's pretty straightforward, but I still have questions about things I didn't quite understand:

From my understanding +4GB games have to be transfered from the external hard drive to the PS3's internal hard drive is that correct?

How easily will I be able to uninstall everything in case I want to have a "clean" console again?

What are the risks of this? Meaning, will my PSN account be blocked only if I log on to it while using the custom firmware and will I be able to safely log on to it after I've uninstalled the custom firmware?

Thanks a lot in advance and sorry if these are questions present in most faqs but I wasn't able to understand these details from the guides I've read.

jing90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've read he guide about softmodding the PS3 and a couple more others in other sites and I think it's pretty straightforward, but I still have questions about things I didn't quite understand:

From my understanding +4GB games have to be transfered from the external hard drive to the PS3's internal hard drive is that correct?

How easily will I be able to uninstall everything in case I want to have a "clean" console again?

What are the risks of this? Meaning, will my PSN account be blocked only if I log on to it while using the custom firmware and will I be able to safely log on to it after I've uninstalled the custom firmware?

Thanks a lot in advance and sorry if these are questions present in most faqs but I wasn't able to understand these details from the guides I've read.

they can also be transferred via FTP server. I read somewhere that they can be played on the external but I'm not sure if it was true or how it works

just delete the games from the internal hdd and install an official firmware

you can't log in on psn while on cfw, so it shouldn't be a problem

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
negative, the 4gb limit is not a limitation of the ps3, its a limitation of the FAT32 file format. the ps3 will only read this format for external (NTFS can be read, but only to move the game to internal.)

there are plenty of tools out there to split the .psarc files that are larger than 4gb so they can be used on an external FAT32 drive, and if you move them to the internal drive MultiMan can recombine the files.

gonzab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
But is there a tool that allows me to play the +4GB games directly from the external hard drive and that doesn't need the games to be transfered to the internal hard drive of the PS3?

jing90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
But is there a tool that allows me to play the +4GB games directly from the external hard drive and that doesn't need the games to be transfered to the internal hard drive of the PS3?
you can play games that are over 4gb from external but you can't play them if they have one file that is 4gb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative