Hacking Question about backing up xbox games with a PC

CuriousTommy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the Xbox 360 is eventually going to be discontinued, I was thinking of getting a Xbox 360 DVD drive and buying some exclusives to back up with it to play on a future Xbox 360 emulator. (I know that the current PC's probably won't be able to run a Xbox 360 emu but I am worried that if I wait to long, the games I want will be gone [and I don't like buying used games])

So my question is:
  1. Do I need a Xbox 360 in any way when backing up games (Do I need an Xbox 360 to decrypt any games and access the files inside the disk?)
  2. Does it matter what drive I choose? (From what I read from the reviews, It seem that each drive has their own requirement in order to make it work with the Xbox 360, but does it matter on the PC?)
I rather not buy a Xbox 360, even if it means that I have to wait years for a semi-functional Xbox 360 emu or the hardware to handle it. Forgive me if this asked before; I am just a little confused because most of the guides assume that you are doing this for the Xbox 360.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You need a hacked 360 DVD drive to back them up as ISO's.
Best is to get a Liteon drive.
You'll have to flash a 0800 firmware to the drive and connect it to the PC, then backup the disk with Xbox Backup Creator.

CuriousTommy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me for bumping this thread, I have been really busy or at least trying to be productively busy. Anyway, I wanted to say thank you for the info. I think I understand what I need to get (I realized I needed to an adapter to power the device). Again, thank you very much and sorry for the bumping!

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
A X360 USB pro v2 would be the best solution.
It's a connectivity kit to power the drive and a SATA chipset in one.

No problem at all~
Glad I can help~

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up