Put The Original Rom Of A Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Back

greensciuto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi, I recently put various custom roms on a Samsung Galaxy note 2 and I wanted to know is it possible to put the original Samsung rom back?

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Follow this guide. It has the basics of flashing stock Samsung firmware.

https://www.droidviews.com/install-stock-firmware-on-samsung-galaxy-devices-using-odin/

You pretty much find the firmware of your device (make sure it's the firmware for your device and cell service provider - if applicable, or you risk hard bricking) then flash it with the Odin tool.

If you plan on flashing different custom firmware in the future, make sure you install the correct version for your device. Some devices have a locked bootloader in some later firmware, that earlier versions don't have enabled - for whatever reason.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

greensciuto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Follow this guide. It has the basics of flashing stock Samsung firmware.

https://www.droidviews.com/install-stock-firmware-on-samsung-galaxy-devices-using-odin/

You pretty much find the firmware of your device (make sure it's the firmware for your device and cell service provider - if applicable, or you risk hard bricking) then flash it with the Odin tool.

If you plan on flashing different custom firmware in the future, make sure you install the correct version for your device. Some devices have a locked bootloader in some later firmware, that earlier versions don't have enabled - for whatever reason.
I can't understand it but on the internet I got the original rom of the Samsung in question and then I can install it with twrp?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I can't understand it but on the internet I got the original rom of the Samsung in question and then I can install it with twrp?
The stock ROM files normally are installed with Odin/Heimdall on Samsung devices. If somebody built a flashable ZIP for the stock ROM, it might be possible with TWRP (didn't find one directly – no idea how "stock" this even would be)
You should have created a backup with TWRP before tyring custom ROMs anyway, so try a restore.

That said, Android 4.4 is unusable nowadays in my opinion and my N7100 works perfectly with Android 12.1 (no Google Apps garbage).

To go fully back to square one, you'll need to use Odin/Heimdall.

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

greensciuto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The stock ROM files normally are installed with Odin/Heimdall on Samsung devices. If somebody built a flashable ZIP for the stock ROM, it might be possible with TWRP (didn't find one directly – no idea how "stock" this even would be)
You should have created a backup with TWRP before tyring custom ROMs anyway, so try a restore.

That said, Android 4.4 is unusable nowadays in my opinion and my N7100 works perfectly with Android 12.1 (no Google Apps garbage).

To go fully back to square one, you'll need to use Odin/Heimdall.
you are right about the Android version but I did and that a phone that for the moment I have to keep so I would like to put it back as before but I just can't do Odin would you be able to Explain it to me?

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you are right about the Android version but I did and that a phone that for the moment I have to keep so I would like to put it back as before but I just can't do Odin would you be able to Explain it to me?
Still learning myself. Just used Odin for flashing TWRP.

Have a look at the tutorial linked above. There are plenty of other tutorials. Just use a search engine "Install Stock ROM Samsung" or similar.

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, so smart it doesnt even exist