Gaming PSPs and DS systems for repair?

Old

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t know anyone locally that messes with these, so whaddya think? Maybe someone with skilled fingers and a good mind for tech could breathe some new life into these poor unfortunate devils?

The black Lite seems ok, but one of the screens is a sickly color. The original gray DS turns on and seems fine, but the entire upper screen looks dusted. The original blue won’t turn on at all, even with a battery swap.

I dunno what’s up with the silver PSP, it almost looks as if someone maliciously tried to destroy it. :(
The one with the clear front is an embarrassing failure on my part — I was trying to do a shell swap, and I pressed the driver far too HARD, driving the screw against the delicate LCD. :blush:

Any ideas/help/opinions appreciated!

9EEE3FB7-C051-4C1D-BFB0-CBEA445A808C.jpeg

A99B7BF3-4CBF-4147-87DA-47CF49E327F4.jpeg

B4536AEF-FFCF-4721-A42B-0008B23E9704.jpeg

F49015FD-5EC7-4F39-8DD4-AD765F05450C.jpeg

5391BA41-2F95-49F5-A259-93A839BABA19.jpeg

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The original gray DS turns on and seems fine, but the entire upper screen looks dusted.
Didn't understand that one until I saw the picture, but it's clearly a cracked panel (landed on a hard surface just the wrong way)

The original blue won’t turn on at all, even with a battery swap.
Open fuse? Possible if the battery was installed in reverse (impossible with the case installed but somewhat when open if distracted), or crap inserted in the slots (including some defective batches of the N5 flashcard)

The black Lite seems ok, but one of the screens is a sickly color.
Doesn't look too bad to me (apart from the strong difference in brightness... but hey it's a photo), the only thing you can really do is trying to adjust the VRs (trimmers below the battery)

I dunno what’s up with the silver PSP, it almost looks as if someone maliciously tried to destroy it. :(
Well, what's the problem? :)

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
The original blue won’t turn on at all
plug a charger with and without battery i don't remember which. but if you see the yellow light flash, it's the fuse
alternatively open if up and use a multimeter in the fuse to know if its blown, there are 2 fuses btw

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...