Hardware PSP2. $999? This article is garbage.

TwinBlades

Trophies
XP
Country
the fact that its a phone... you guys gotta be realistic. Fact that its like a smartphone but an actual gaming device.

Don't think it will cost less than $300 (minium) iPhones/Blackberry/HTC all cost like $400+

EDIT: I don't really have much detail but from reading and hearing stuff people say its a phone? If it's not a phone it'll probably be same price or over than ps3

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
It's a phone? First I heard of this. I'm sure it could act as a VoIP phone (iirc, PSP-3k could), but an actual phone? That's not in the official specs I've seen so far.

Or are you referring to the PSP-phone, Sony Ericsson Xperia Play? Because that's a whole different device.

TwinBlades

Trophies
XP
Country
Originality said:
It's a phone? First I heard of this. I'm sure it could act as a VoIP phone (iirc, PSP-3k could), but an actual phone? That's not in the official specs I've seen so far.

Or are you referring to the PSP-phone, Sony Ericsson Xperia Play? Because that's a whole different device.
WTF O_O whats that then? and whats the psp2 O_O ??? 2 devices?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Sony Ericsson Xperia Play = PSP Phone = a phone that can play PSP games.
NGP = PSP2 = the next generation of handheld gaming consoles that will rival the 3DS and have half the power of a PS3 cell to play PS3 games on a handheld screen.

EDIT: I should also mention, the Xperia Play hasn't been officially announced yet, although a prototype does exist.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
don't surprised, look how much the pspgo was at launch, and the ngp has better specs, expect to pay a LOT more.
Well I'll probably wait a few years after launch, when there will be a library of good games and it will be a much lower price, until then, I'll have my 3DS to keep me company. And College. And Life.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Anyone who seriously thinks it's $999 is fucking retarded.

I've seen the Gamestop page and in BIG BLACK LETTERS it says something along the lines of "FINAL PRICING NOT DETERMINED" or basically "HEY THIS IS JUST A FILLER PRICE". 3DS was the same way when it was first announced.

This. People have no eyes anymore. They'll just read whatever, wherever, and take it as truth. You all need to actually investigate instead of just reading random sites and comments.

As an aside: I'm aware that you all are probably kidding, but you look exactly like the idiots I'm referring to who actually believe the damn thing is going to hit a thousand dollars.

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Lube_Skyballer said:
codmaster said:
betaboy said:
There is no way the PSP2 will be less than $300. Just look at the specs!
5" OED screen, quad core processor etc.
Minimum $349 I reckon but probably $399!

I know the spec,but if its more than 300 bucks,then why not get a PS3 instead of it
Sony aint stupid you know
nayps3.gif

Uhm, no? With a PS3 you're limited to playing in front of your tv and with the NGP/PSP2 you're not. So if you want the same graphical power on the go you have to pay a couple of bucks more...

I think the NGP is going to cost around $400-$550, and that's a realistic guess

also you must consider that the ps3 is already out for a while and a price drop occured.
don't think that sony will make the same mistake like at ps3 launch, to offer the hardware off the production price. so a nice sum will come together, think at least of a price of 350, but probably 400$

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1