PSP hacking/modding F.A.Q. (Start Here!)

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Rydian, Dec 5, 2010.

Dec 5, 2010

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Message Count:
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    It turns out that 09G was just 07G hardware with a minor change, so Davee created a tool to trick the PSP into accepting a lower firmware version than it shipped with.
    http://lolhax.org/2011/09/01/chronoswitch-downgrader-5-0-advanced-09g-support/
    (Since the 09G is mostly a 07G in disguise).

So you can try using his downgrade tool to put your PSP back to 6.20 is possible. If not you'll just have to deal with a temp hack, which just means it doesn't start up in hacked mode by default.

• Newcomer

Stash23 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I just finished reading the artitcle and some of the reader comments. I'm rather wary on the whole procedure cause it seems other users hit problems down the line... Sigh. I don't know, I'm just uncertain now. I don't want to risk bricking or damaging my 3001. I read that I should back up idstroage keys. What utility does that?

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    It's irrelevant for a 3000 since if you mess with them (and the flash0) you're in an unrecoverable place if something goes awry. Whatever you read probably dated from around 2008/2009, prior to the 3000's launch.

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Message Count:
    United States
    The initial downgrader release had a bug that prevented people from upgrading again later, but that's been fixed. I linked to the original release article because it held the bulk of the information.
    • Newcomer

Stash23 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Oh, okay so... the link provided on how to downgrade over at the "How to Softmod..." will work for my 3001 with no issues? Even if my MB model is TA-095v2? Cause the more recent comments on the blog's page had users posting about problems. Plus, the downgrader's readme only mentions it'll work for TA-095's. Nothing is mentioned about 095v2. Not sure if that poses a problem or if just listing "v2" was just overlooked.

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Message Count:
    United States
    The downgrader tricks and then launches the OFW update, if it won't work on your model then it just won't flash anything, it's safe to try.
    • Newcomer

Stash23 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Okay, I feel a bit more confident now with that news. In the meantime I'll just play around with the temp 6.39 hack. I'll try for the downgrader a bit later into next week.
    • Newcomer

MrCleanAZ New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Hey everyone. My brother just recently installed CFW to his PSP 2001 and told me I should give it a shot with my PSP 3001, so I'm very new. I skimmed through the 22 pages of this thread and didn't see anything about 6.60 PRO-C (fix 3).

I read on another site that 6.60 PRO-C (fix 3) is the newest release and that it can be permanently installed on PSP 3001 models. Have any of you used this version or hear about it's reliability?

Here's a link to 6.60 PRO-C (fix 3) - it's the 4th one down under the Downloads section (http ://code. google. com/p/procfw/).

Thanks for any help or guidance.

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Message Count:
    United States
    This is the FAQ, not the actual instructions. It links to the instructions, which include PRO-C.

You can use 6.60 PRO-C or 6.20 PRO-C. 6.60 on the 3000 will have a limit, that the hacking guide talks about.
    • Newcomer

MrCleanAZ New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Thanks Rydian. Sorry i posted in the wrong place. I guess the temp install is my only option.

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Message Count:
    United States
    There's a downgrade that works on many 3000 models to 6.20.
    • Newcomer

iluvfuzz New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I have a psp 2000 and cfw 6.60 Pro C. I was wondering if I sign up for the playstation network will my psp get bricked?

I also have a gba emulator on it and bookr.

pokefloote h8 anime h8 pokemon

Message Count:
    United States
    PSN can be accessed and used normally on Pro firmwares.
    • Newcomer

iluvfuzz New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Oh okay thanks! I just got my psp like a week ago so I'm new to all this. Putting the CFW on the psp was super easy though.

OmegaVesko New Member

Message Count:
    Yugoslavia
    Quick question. I just ordered a second hand PSP. 2004, the seller says it's got '6.35 CFW' on it - obviously I'm going to hack it myself anyway. I want to either upgrade to 6.60 and try a permanent patch, or downgrade to 6.20 and do a permanent patch on that. My question is, which one should I do? Are there any advantages of 6.60 over 6.20 and vice versa?

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Message Count:
    United States
    Not really, outside of some possible PSN compatibility things, but nothing's confirmed there. 6.60's perm might work on the unit, 6.20's will.
    OmegaVesko likes this.

Xellos2099 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Question. After my friend see my psp he want to get one. I believe all the one in store now are 3000 unit. Can those unit be fully hacked?

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Message Count:
    United States
    They can have a CFW installed on them, yes, but you'll need to risk a downgrade if you want the CFW to boot automatically every time the system is turned on.

OmegaVesko New Member

Message Count:
    Yugoslavia
    Yes. Not necessarily a permanent CFW, but if your friend can figure out running the quick restore every time he wants to play something, he'll be fine.

Xellos2099 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    ok so i need to assume that all new psp3000 in store have 6.60 or + firmware? Don't think he like play around with restore, why he better off getting an older system that can be completely unlock?

SPONSORED LINKS