OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here's the deal: I want a PSP but there's nooooo way I can afford one. I looked up emulation options for the PSP online, and I could find ONE emulator and it didn't play commercial games! Are there any other PSP emulators I haven't heard of yet? Also, I have a PS2, which I'm about to get modded. Could i play PSP UMD's on my PS2 somehow, or, could I burn UMD data onto CD-R/DVD-R to play on PS2? Or am I just screwed and I have to go ahead and buy a PSP? Thanks in advance for your help!

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you serious?

LoL.....
rofl2.gif

You can't do any of that stuff man.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is no magical 100% perfect psp emulator or even one MEANT for running games. A PS2 is NOT a PSP. It will not run PSP games.

If you want to play PSP, get one.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe one day someone will. I am sure PSP emulator will exist one day to play psp commerical games.

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I understand 100 percent MOD-SAN what you want. here is what I do to play PSp games on my ps2. Take your controler for the ps2 and break off the right analog stick. Okay now place your PS2 in your back yard about 100 feet away from you and load any PS2 game that has been ported to the PSP and now its like your playing a REAL PSP game!!! Enjoy!

* LOL Orc beat me to it sorta

MOD-SAN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you all are this rude to girls in real life, I can see why you spend all your time on the computer trying to figure out how to 'beat the system' of video games.

neojei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotta admit thats a bit harsh to a newbie. Even if the question may seem extremely stupid to us because we know more about it, to people who don't know it's important. :/
To answer your question, no, there are no emulators for the PSP and there isn't a way to play it on the PS2. PSP is way to complicated right now to even run perfectly on high end computers. PSP on PS2, though they have the same amount of power, doesn't mean they have the same coding put into their games.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The question was rather newbish but I don't think you can keep rubbing it in her face.

Whatever happened to the newbie asking questions then letting them get some experience. We were all newbs are some time...maybe just some of us didn't ask as many questions as the others.

Rule of thumb for software emulation. For a processor to emulate another processor, you have to factor in 1/10. For example, to emulate the PSP CPU which is roughly 333MHz, you would require a processor of the speed 3330MHz. And that is for the CPU only. It doesn't take into account factors like GPU, RAM and other onboard necessities. Anything less is achieved through very very smart coding techniques.

Hope you all learned something today kiddies.
lecture.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...