Hardware PSP 3k Not Charing From Mains.

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Just wanted some other opinions on this one.

I have a silver PSP 3k which otherwise works perfectly... However it cannot charge from the wall charger at all. Charging from USB is fine as long as the unit is on (and in USB Mode when I am not in my CFW)

I Have been able to narrow it down some that it is not the Jack itself as power passes through the cables to the motherboard fine so, I'm thinking its the Motherboard charging fuse.

One person mentioned it could be an idea to Solder a wire from one of the USB pins to the Mains in terminal on the motherboard so I can charge from USB Regardless if the system was on or not, However I had to remind them that it wouldn't matter since power from the Mains terminals on the board don't actually charge anything.

One thing that could fix it is bypassing the fuse itself on the motherboard but I'll admit im a bit wary of that given a fuse is there to protect the rest of the device.

An external Battery charger for if the battery got too low to get the unit on and into USB mode since it normally takes a few seconds from getting into USB mode for it to kick in is another idea but a in unit fix of some sort would be better to me.

However I'm looking for second opinions and maybe a link to an external charger too that people know are tried and work well, I have already blown money on 2 that wouldn't charge any 3rd party batteries (Since I wouldn't risk any of my official Sony Batteries with cheaper Chinese battery chargers without first testing it)

Thanks for your time

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: We're figments of your imagination +1