Hacking PSP 3000 or PSP GO?

parisi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
im getting a psp these days, and i want a suggestion wich one is better, wich one is more comfortable and more hackable, (psp go can connect with ps3 controller) if its a psp 3000, does the mirco sd card with an adapter 16GB or 32GB work the same as memory stick pro duo?

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i've got both. hack was identical

most times I prefer the go, unless I know I'm going to spend a couple hours at it, then I want the less cramped psp

an yeah just get a cr5400 an stick a couple microSD in it for big storage

Last edited by Tikker,
D

Deleted User

By the way, you're in the wrong section. I think you're getting confused with PSP and PS Vita. This is the PS Vita section. The PSP section is next door. :)

parisi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i've got both. hack was identical

most times I prefer the go, unless I know I'm going to spend a couple hours at it, then I want the less cramped psp

an yeah just get a cr5400 an stick a couple microSD in it for big storage

But i think psp 3000 is more comfortable and has better performance with bigger screen, and if i get a cr5400, can i put 2 64 Gb mirco sd cards , or the limit is 32 Gb card for each one? And is it important to be highspeed 90mb/s and class 10 or it doesnt matter ?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But i think psp 3000 is more comfortable and has better performance with bigger screen, and if i get a cr5400, can i put 2 64 Gb mirco sd cards , or the limit is 32 Gb card for each one? And is it important to be highspeed 90mb/s and class 10 or it doesnt matter ?

do you want to use the analog stick? then get the 3000. if you want it for emulation and prefer the dpad, get the go.
you will never need 128gb of space on your psp. it doesn't have that many good games. i believe two 32gb cards in a double pro duo adapter are the maximum the psp supports without having to tinker around with it too much. which should be more than plenty to keep you entertained.
i've heard people having trouble with class 2 cards, but i've used a 4 in the past and it worked well enough. might increase loading times a little, but compared to playing from psp disks, its still going to be faster. mainly, it'll affect how long it takes to put isos on the card.

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah, like above, you won't ever need that much space. 16 or 32 gb is tons of space. I never fill up my GO's 16gb

parisi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks guys, but what about cfw versions? if my psp comes with the latest firmware 6.61 is it possible to hack it?

antdroid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same decision a couple weeks back and I went with the PSP Go. The Go is much smaller, and has internal storage. I got an 8GB M2 card for $8 on ebay and also picked up a rechargable hand grip for it (it's a snap-on grip with battery!) and that was $12. It makes the PSP Go incredibly comfortable. I really like the size and features of the Go (BT for example) but it is much easier to find accessories for the PSP Slims.

parisi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I had the same decision a couple weeks back and I went with the PSP Go. The Go is much smaller, and has internal storage. I got an 8GB M2 card for $8 on ebay and also picked up a rechargable hand grip for it (it's a snap-on grip with battery!) and that was $12. It makes the PSP Go incredibly comfortable. I really like the size and features of the Go (BT for example) but it is much easier to find accessories for the PSP Slims.

so u suggest me to get a PSP GO? but i think PSP 3000 is more comfortable when u play games with analog than psp go and it has bigger screen. and u can add storage up to 128GB, but PSP go has something really cool that is connectable with ps3 controller and u can play on tv.

Last edited by parisi,

antdroid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It probably depends on your personal preference. I have small hands so the Go doesnt bother me, especially with the added CTA Grip. I also like it because it fits in my pocket (it's smaller than smartphones these days). The 3000/slims have easier access to accessories and they can take microsd cards with the memory stick duo, which is a big bonus for hacking/homebrew/isos. It would be nice to have up to 64 or 128gb of storage instead of 32gb max for the Go -- but I'm doing fine with just 24gb.

there is a 6.61 CFW out -- I'm using it without any issues. There's a couple plugins that don't work with it but it's not killing me. Most work with it without a hitch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, AncientBoi be like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxLoR6H7GxQ