Hacking PSP 3000 motherboard/firmware

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Emulators can solve your want to play many games. There are quite a few good emulators available for the PSP to enjoy.

I would suggest compressing the ISO into a CSO yourself personally, though many downloads you find are likely to be in a CSO format already for easy uploading.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Miss Panda said:
xist said:
Plus emulators solve this problem.
How?
huh.gif

Also should I go for isos and compress them myself or just go straight for csos? Thanks Nathan and Romee too .

Be careful of some of the cso you download, some people will remove cutscenes, credits and endings to make them as small as possible.
The story is an important part of the game to me and I hate it when they are removed

You can do it yourself, it's very easy, there's tutorials available on youtube

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
You don't even really need a tutorial. You just download the program, pick the option out of the list, pick your ISO, and hit the convert, compress, or whatever the button is. I generally only use it to decompress games that don't work as CSO's (slowdown primarily).

It's just like using any other converter out there. If you've used one, you have really used them all.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
OK....

RE- Emulators. Games for ScummVM, GBA, SNES, Neo Geo, Master System and Mega Drive Emulators will occupy a minute amount of space compared to PSP games, and even DS games in some cases. Therefore if you need many games to choose from stick 2 or 3 PSP games on and then 50 or so from the other systems.

As for CSO's, i'm not alone in saying don't bother. Stick with ISO's for a better experience in general, especially since you went with a Lexar stick.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about you guys but the reason why I bought my PSP was to play PSP games
not a bunch of old games that I've already played on my DS

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Personally i wanted a portable emulation machine...i've only played about 10 to 15 PSP specific games in 5 years.

How can you beat a portable SNES/Playstation/Genesis/NeoGeo/CPS2/Mastersystem etc...

Miss Panda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Miss Panda said:
xist said:
that's a 2000 isn't it?
I had her check 3 times she swore blind it is a 3000 NOT a 2000. Because I thought that firmware was a 2000 one as well.
Oh God, it is going wrong all ready.
xist said:
QUOTE(Miss Panda @ Jul 6 2011, 02:30 PM)
It has V4.05 not 4.01.
smile.gif
Anyway I rang that place again and he promised that it is a PSP 3000 he said that it has PSP3000 that at the end of the 'bar code'. And that the manager is really experienced etc etc.
Oh and 4.05 sounds more promising for a 3000, despite that article.

Guess what they sent me. I'll give you a clue it wasn't a PSP 3000. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! How many ffffing times do they have to be told the firmware looks to early for it to be a 3000. I've just spent an hour sorting it out to go back. They said I can have a full refund. They bloody better!
And it was filthy and dented despite them saying it is in excellent condition with one tiny scratch on the back.

So now I need to look for another second hand one, NOT from them. I haz a giant sad.
frown.gif

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry....shame that they posted it before they could just check a single button, or even the ring on the back.

However, saying that i'd suggest checking what motherboard that one has before you do send it back. May be a fully hackable 2000.

Miss Panda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
xist said:
Sorry....shame that they posted it before they could just check a single button, or even the ring on the back.

However, saying that i'd suggest checking what motherboard that one has before you do send it back. May be a fully hackable 2000.
It wasn't even a 2000. It was a PSP1003. I think the country code at the end confused the poor stupid creatures.
rolleyes.gif

They had plenty of time before the final phone call like I said earlier they swore blind it was a 3000 and I had gone through all the visual stuff already clearly they thought they knew better. And to cap it all I missed out by minutes on getting a new but security seal broken 3000 from one of the big electrical retailers via their outlet store on ebay. If I had picked that over the second hand one yesterday I could of had it. It disappeared before my very eyes about half an hour ago. I've gone through every major retailer on the internet and their outlet stores on ebay. It is all at full price now(those that haven't run out). I even received my new case for it today just to rub salt in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, sadly I dont have any tips