Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
The screen difference is hardly noticeable, until you have the PSPs get worn. 1000s get a strange "blur" with their screens when seeing it through the faceplate even with a screen protector, and the colors are slightly less vibrant from the start. I wish I could show pics but I don't have a 1000 anymore. Also, 1000s and 2000s HAVE THE SAME screen quality.

I never had this "blur" problem with any other model.

I can confirm 1000s screens are not as good as the 3000 and Go, but the difference (as long as both are well taken care of) is hardly (but still existent) noticeable.

Also, the PSP Go screen LOOKS better than the rest with brighter colors and everything, BUT it is smaller.
tongue.gif

And OP be VERY careful when doing FW related things on your Go. Xist called it -- my Go was bricked permanently just from doing an official update -- with the charger in and everything. it just turned off halfway and now I don't have a PSP Go working anymore.
frown.gif

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Video Comparison of 1000 and 3000

[youtube]43neaz-G2J4[/youtube]

The screen is not a reason to buy one model over another....

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
Video Comparison of 1000 and 3000

[youtube]43neaz-G2J4[/youtube]

The screen is not a reason to buy one model over another....

I agree. I never said it was. 2000 is STILL the best because it has the portability of the 3000 and the CFW of the 1000.

Also, the ONLY advantage of a Go, to me at least, is the built in 16 GB of memory. besides that and the form factor it is worthless to me.

I rather like the layout of the buttons. and the size reminds me of the SP, which (besides the lack of a headphone jack) remains one of my favorite console designs to date.

NiGHtS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm finding the GO great. Thanks for the advice guys. The 16GB of internal memory is a BIG plus, same with the form factor...the slightly smaller and better screen does make things sharper on some games too as a bonus. Love it
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...