Hardware Psp 1000 or Go

NiGHtS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Probably a no brainer for most of you but im looking for some good judgement...

Im getting a psp, iv done my research on full and semi hacks and so this is the only thing holding me back from
a GO...but is it really that annoying to have a semi hackable psp? Or should i just go with the 1000 for its cheaper price and hackability? Are the GO's 'improvements' really worth it?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Get a 1000 from ebay or Gumtree....it's a no brainer. The only real advantage of the Go is that it's smaller. Given that you could pick up a 1000 for around £40 you'd be nuts not to give the 1000 a go.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
First any PSP you get you want on 6.35 or lower, you don't want to pandora hack if you can help it.
Second I got my go a couple of weeks ago it was on 6.31
Semi hack is not annoying at all! You just have to activate chickhen which reboots the PSP and its done in a matter of 10 seconds.
Advantage is double the RAM of PSP 1000 and it won't affect most games, but KH:BBS comes with a 16/32 bit colour option which i assume is for slowdowns on 1000 and I've played "fired up" with both a 1000 and GO and on multiplayer I can tell you it's a big advantage when the 1000's vehicle is winding hopelessly and the GO's is running rings around it.

TL;DR GO's semi hack is no fuss whatsoever unless you don't have 10 seconds to spare. Comes with 16GB memory which costs a tidy sum separate for PSP 1000 and has double the RAM.
If it's cheaper then go for 1000 but I recommend GO.
smile.gif
Plus you can trade in PSP GO for £60 at gamestation whereas you might get £30 for base pack if that.

P.S check firmware before purchase always, but all 1000's are hackable if you can be arsed with pandora battery hack.

EDIT2: also I thought 3000 and Go's screens were the same. Turns out GO's is much brighter in comparison. And 3000's is even brighter than 1000 AFAIK so
ohnoes.png
!

EDIT3: I've even noticed slowdowns for 1 or 2 seconds on KH BBS when in a boss fight and he fires 20-30 bombs out at once, and this is on GO, in full colours. But I KNOW for a fact that in AdHoc mode with me on GO, uncle on 1000 and cousin on 3000 it's my uncle who loses which is down to the slow speed of gameplay. I mean, you don't see any framerate drops on the game you just move incredibly slower than the rest of us which is weird as hell. (No issues really on singleplayer because all the competition will have the same problem
biggrin.gif
)

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Honestly if I were you I'd get a Go. First of all the PSP 1000 is bulky and plus the screen of a PSP 1000 sucks BIG TIME! The Go has the best screen of all PSP series. Having a semi hackable PSP isn't a pain actually. Does it hurt to run a file that takes 10 seconds to install? if it does you could keep your PSP Go on sleep mode. Honestly the only crap thing about the Go is its battery life. I'm gonna be honest here I don't own a Go, I own a PSP 2000, but I'd go for something new if I were you. Don't listen to people who say "buy a PSP 1000 for its hackablity" or that "it's better hardware etc" because clearly it isn't a better hardware and PSP 1000 lacks the RAM that the Go has.

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rydian said:
The extra RAM is only used optionally by three homebrews I'm aware of (mod for the brower, gotube, and the N64 emulator).

A Go is stuck on 6.x hack, which has less compatibility (with homebrew/plugins) and way less features, such as no custom-made PSX games (only ones from PSN).

6.35 PRO-B is going to have PSX games support, so let's cross the PSX part. Homebrew and plugins are being updated for 6.XX firmwares.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
insidexdeath said:
Honestly if I were you I'd get a Go. First of all the PSP 1000 is bulky and plus the screen of a PSP 1000 sucks BIG TIME! The Go has the best screen of all PSP series. Having a semi hackable PSP isn't a pain actually. Does it hurt to run a file that takes 10 seconds to install? if it does you could keep your PSP Go on sleep mode. Honestly the only crap thing about the Go is its battery life. I'm gonna be honest here I don't own a Go, I own a PSP 2000, but I'd go for something new if I were you. Don't listen to people who say "buy a PSP 1000 for its hackablity" or that "it's better hardware etc" because clearly it isn't a better hardware and PSP 1000 lacks the RAM that the Go has.

Much of this is awfully biased and based on nothing. You don't even own a 1000 and yet the screen is awful? Nope....i own both a 1000 and a 2000 and the screens are marginally different. The PSP 1000/2000 is hardly bulky...that's just a knee jerk portability response.....and the issue with the temporary hack is that if anything ever does go wrong with your firmware you have an expensive paperweight. No such problem on a 1000 plus it's a fraction of the price and the RAM you seem to think is essential just plain isn't.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PSPGO Pros:
-Smaller, lighter.
-Screen brightness
-RAM
-Inbuilt storage

Cons:
-Harder to hold, more uncomfortable for big hands
-Might be a bit cheap feeling to some
-Smaller screen
-Battery (apparently, I don't know of this but in my experience my uncles 1000 dies much quicker than 3000 and I don't know compared to GO)
-No UMD slot

1000 Pros:
-Easy to hold
-Big screen
-Cheaper by far in most places
-UMD slot if you buy games
-Full hackability regardless of firmware via pandora

Cons:
-Bulky, harder to take around with you (the best thing about PSP 1000 is also the worst)
-Poor screen and lighting
-Battery life AFAIK
-Must buy storage for save games, even larger storage for haxx
-Half the RAM

Sorry if any of this is inaccurate, I am fairly new to the scene but I did my research before buying. And the private keys being found changed everything for GO, maybe you don't need pandora for the latest firmwares on 1000.
And I have had rather extensive experience with 1000, 3000 and GO just 1000 and 3000 weren't hacked.

NiGHtS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow guys some really good points...im edging towards go because of the built in memory screen and i AM going to play kh bbs mostly on it as well as other RAM heavy games like dissidia and MGS Pw...it works out the same price both ways you see
smile.gif

also any thoughts on the component cable? Useful console like gaming on a tv or just pointless?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
NiGHtS said:
RAM heavy games like dissidia and MGS Pw
It doesn't matter for PSP games last I checked.

After all, if a game needed more than 32MB of RAM it couldn't run on the 1000 properly.

EDIT: As for the cable, unfortunately when in a game the PSP does not stretch it to fit the TV screen, it plays it small in the center. Sucks. I mean it's still playable, but it looks weird.

alexg1989

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
get a GO and it bricks... it bricks forever... unless u want to pay SONY 90 bucks to unbrick it... Get a 1000 and it bricks, a 5 dollar pandora will fix it up for u real quick... Hell, you don't even need to buy the pandora. You can soft-mod your 1000 battery into a pandora using Hellcat's Recovery Flasher... and keep it in pandora mode for as long as you want. I soft-modded my PSP's battery into a pandora and it's been that way for months... You can always change it back into a regular battery if you need to for whatever reason... So if my 1000 bricks, I can unbrick it easily for free... In fact, I have... I stupidly bricked it while trying to update firmware in Test m33 mode...
smile.gif
but few minutes later it was working perfectly... lol

NiGHtS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok well I got a PSP Go...and its awesome so far
smile.gif
KHBBS!!
biggrin.gif

I'm using 6.35 Signed HEN to get to 6.35 PRO then just loading up PRO A Updater for my ISO's and what not.

I'm assuming that if I turn the PSP off then I'll have to go through it again...but ah well, it really does only take about 10 seconds
smile.gif
Also the PSP Go's Bluetooth features are sweet, as is the buttons (I have small hands xD)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NiGHtS said:
smile.gif
KHBBS!!
biggrin.gif

I'm using 6.35 Signed HEN to get to 6.35 PRO then just loading up PRO A Updater for my ISO's and what not.

I'm assuming that if I turn the PSP off then I'll have to go through it again...but ah well, it really does only take about 10 seconds
smile.gif
Also the PSP Go's Bluetooth features are sweet, as is the buttons (I have small hands xD)

Yo do have to go through the process again, people recommend doing so every couple of days.

Only bummer is that I'm pretty sure you can't use custom PSX2PSP games on the PSP Go, only PSN versions. So if there's a PSX classic that you want to play on the go and it isn't on the PSN, it's tough cookies.

NiGHtS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
NiGHtS said:
smile.gif
KHBBS!!
biggrin.gif

smile.gif

Yo do have to go through the process again, people recommend doing so every couple of days.

Only bummer is that I'm pretty sure you can't use custom PSX2PSP games on the PSP Go, only PSN versions. So if there's a PSX classic that you want to play on the go and it isn't on the PSN, it's tough cookies.

Nah thats alright...I've had my fair share of PS1 games thanks to the PS3 and PS2
smile.gif

Well, I think thats just about it. I've got myself going, KH BBS works, which is good because Ive heard lots of errors relating to it...I'm assuming now that I wont need a patched version of MGS PW will I?

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NiGHtS said:
Well, I think thats just about it. I've got myself going, KH BBS works, which is good because Ive heard lots of errors relating to it...I'm assuming now that I wont need a patched version of MGS PW will I?
Games i've tried so far off top of my head:
Dissidia, Dissidia 012 demo, MGS PW, Crisis Core, FF7 FF8 PSN, Spyro 3 PSN, Gran turismo, 3rd Birthday, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.
Haven't run into a game i can't play yet (excluding Valkyria chronicles 2, it wanted me to update firmware fuck that)

NiGHtS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Absolutely perfect thanks
smile.gif

Well, thats that. Mods can lock the topic if they want or let general debate/discussion continue lol

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
xist said:
Much of this is awfully biased and based on nothing. You don't even own a 1000 and yet the screen is awful? Nope....i own both a 1000 and a 2000 and the screens are marginally different. The PSP 1000/2000 is hardly bulky...that's just a knee jerk portability response.....and the issue with the temporary hack is that if anything ever does go wrong with your firmware you have an expensive paperweight. No such problem on a 1000 plus it's a fraction of the price and the RAM you seem to think is essential just plain isn't.

Bro, I wouldn't jump into conclusions that I do not own a PSP 1000 or I haven't tried it. It is evident that the PSP 1000's screen is the worst screen in the PSP series and anyone who owns one and tried another PSP model would agree with me. I have owned a PSP 1000 in fact, I bought it at launch, but a year ago it was stolen and I bought a PSP 2000. Doesn't mean what you own is the best, Xist -__-

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
insidexdeath said:
Bro, I wouldn't jump into conclusions that I do not own a PSP 1000 or I haven't tried it. It is evident that the PSP 1000's screen is the worst screen in the PSP series and anyone who owns one and tried another PSP model would agree with me. I have owned a PSP 1000 in fact, I bought it at launch, but a year ago it was stolen and I bought a PSP 2000. Doesn't mean what you own is the best, Xist -__-

Obviously you have some kind of special eyes to see how amazing the differences between the 1000 and 2000 are because for most the 1000 is fine and not exceptionally bad. The 2000 is slightly brighter and suffers from less ghosting in some games but that's it. It's "evident" that there's little difference, it's your "opinion" that there is....which is why i concluded that you'd had zero experience with a 1000.

screencompare2.JPG

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.