SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SimpyDsi said:
Uh, why are sony saying CC data was encrypted?

Maybe because it was? The way they said it, the credit card info was in a seperate, encrypted table within the database (which if true would also make this story of the database for sale slightly less credible I think, it seems to suggest all the fields are in one table...)

QUOTE(TehSkull @ Apr 29 2011, 12:03 AM) Dude, if I were them, I'd take $1 from every account. No one would notice.

I'd notice. Any one else who actually checks their statements would notice.

Masterpaul

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Wasnt it confirmed a few months ago, that sony doesnt encrypt the data thats being sent?

Either way if this is true, it may do serious damage to Sony and there pretty much fucked for next gen.

And what da fuck? What company wouldnt pay to keep the credits cards secure? SONY!

Actually I would be interested in Sonys CO credits cards... and donate all the money to Make a wish foundation under the name anonymous.

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Well i cancelled my card this morning. I said it had been comprimisied and before i said another word the lady on the phone said "playstation?" Shows that my bank have had alot of customers cancelling cards this week due to the scenario

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jaxxster said:
Well i cancelled my card this morning. I said it had been comprimisied and before i said another word the lady on the phone said "playstation?" Shows that my bank have had alot of customers cancelling cards this week due to the scenario
It doesn't show that at all, it shows that the topic is very recent and has been all over the media, anyone could have known about it and guessed that you were sperging over it because of the whole PSN incident by simply being up to date with the news.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Masterpaul said:
Wasnt it confirmed a few months ago, that sony doesnt encrypt the data thats being sent?

They certainly send SOME data unencrypted, but I don't think anyone could prove that they STORE the credit card information unencrypted (even if they sent it unencrypted or stored other info unencrypted)

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
This would be really bad news for Sony, well if it was true! I highly doubt Sony would send CC data unencrypted, maybe personal detail, but not CC data. It's all fake, well not that it's been hacked but all this CC database junk is definatley fake. All I care about about now is PSN up and running again.
nayps3.gif

D

Deleted User

That is slightly funny - "Stick DRM on everything", "Store credit card data in plain text"

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii said:
This would be really bad news for Sony, well if it was true! I highly doubt Sony would send CC data unencrypted, maybe personal detail, but not CC data. It's all fake, well not that it's been hacked but all this CC database junk is definatley fake. All I care about about now is PSN up and running again.
nayps3.gif

Pretty sure it was proven. They didn't encrypt much of anything.

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lilsypha said:
They could not have the CVV2 codes. Sony doesn't even ask for them, let alone store them. Nice try though!
..but you'd already know that if you used a CC on PSN, because you never have to enter your CVV2.

So, fake fake fake, but all the Sony haters will keep hating.
They do ask for them. (Look for Q: Was my credit card data taken? , latest update). And about storing them, there must be some control procedures regarding PCI standards, but you can't be sure. They do have access, therefore there's a possibility they could be storing them.

Seriously, do some research before writing stuff like that. Whatever side people are on is irrelevant, you're merely trolling just like everyone else.

D

Deleted_171835

[title:Protecting Yourself from the hackers][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF29asqCv4Y[/youtube]
Sucks if this turns out to be true.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pendor said:
They do ask for them. (Look for Q: Was my credit card data taken? , latest update). And about storing them, there must be some control procedures regarding PCI standards, but you can't be sure. They do have access, therefore there's a possibility they could be storing them.

Seriously, do some research before writing stuff like that. Whatever side people are on is irrelevant, you're merely trolling just like everyone else.

Perhaps it's different depending on the country one lives in, but where I live, I have never had to enter the CVV2 of my credit card. They ask for name, billing address, credit card number and expiration date. That's it. They are one of the only places I've shopped online that do not require it. They also do not verify billing phone number like many other shops do.

..and learn the definition of trolling, you ignorant jerk.

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lilsypha said:
Perhaps it's different depending on the country one lives in, but where I live, I have never had to enter the CVV2 of my credit card.

One's experience does not represent the entire PSN userbase experience. I think it's kinda obvious.

lilsypha said:
..and learn the definition of trolling, you ignorant jerk.

I'm not fond of employing dictionary definitions to make a point but well.

QUOTE said:
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Pretty much what you did.

CODE
Nice try though!..but you'd already know that if you used a CC on PSN, because you never have to enter your CVV2.
Baseless statements provoking some other dude here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Damn internets dragging like a dogs ass +1