Hardware PS5 Missing Diode next to HDMI connector

bcherdak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I am trying to repair a PS5 HDMI port after a customer pushed it through and ripped off all the capacitors and the diode.

The diode is bigger than the one on the other side

The backside one is a SOD-923 but the bigger one on the front is most likely a SOD-323 based on size.

Here is a photo i.imgur. c om/fio6T3t.jpg

The RED one is the one I am missing, I cannot seem to find the values of this Zener diode.
The GREEN ones are also missing but I did get the values from another thread. (587021)

No I do not have a donor PS5, and no I do not have a donor PS4.

Yes, i have read the other thread (587021) and none of them talk about the diode I am missing.

Does anyone have any values they can post? Thank you!

bcherdak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already checked that, but they only talked about the small one on the back. I am needing the values on the big one in the front.

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada

Aheago

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I am trying to repair a PS5 HDMI port after a customer pushed it through and ripped off all the capacitors and the diode.

The diode is bigger than the one on the other side

The backside one is a SOD-923 but the bigger one on the front is most likely a SOD-323 based on size.

Here is a photo i.imgur. c om/fio6T3t.jpg

The RED one is the one I am missing, I cannot seem to find the values of this Zener diode.
The GREEN ones are also missing but I did get the values from another thread. (587021)

No I do not have a donor PS5, and no I do not have a donor PS4.

Yes, i have read the other thread (587021) and none of them talk about the diode I am missing.

Does anyone have any values they can post? Thank you!
How does someone just manage ro push a connector through? HDMI connectors require effort to break

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
How does someone just manage ro push a connector through? HDMI connectors require effort to break
I have seen bent 90degree port. So I dont think any difficult to broke and went through the bracket when console falls and back port side faces down with cable connected.

Attachments

• 90Deg-hdmi.jpg
    90Deg-hdmi.jpg
    479.5 KB · Views: 225

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have seen bent 90degree port. So I dont think any difficult to broke and went through the bracket when console falls and back port side faces down with cable connected.

They said the customer pushed it through, not that it fell and broke.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.