Ps5 black screen?

JenAtkinson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I'm experiencing an ongoing issue with my PS5 where, upon powering it on, I encounter a black screen. The console's background music and joystick sounds play intermittently, indicating that the system isn't completely unresponsive. Despite testing different HDMI cables and ports, the issue remains unresolved. My TV, which has HDR capabilities, also doesn't show any video output.

While playing certain games such as Astro's Playroom and GTA V, I've noticed visual artifacts on the screen. In more severe instances like God Of War, these games freeze, resulting in a system-wide black screen that even persists in Safe Mode.

Additionally, some games (Elden ring) launch to a black screen after the safety warning, although the audio continues. On some occasions, the console experiences crashes, which trigger a system shutdown and hard drive repair sequence upon restart. However, after the repair process completes, the screen remains black. (a very random situation as you guys can see)

I've extensively searched various platforms, including GBAtemp and other forums, for a solution but haven't found any. I welcome any help or suggestions to resolve this issue.
Post automatically merged:

Update: Still no luck with my PS5 black screen issue, guys. I've tried more suggested fixes I found online. I've tested different HDMI cables, ports, and TV settings. Games are freezing any new ideas? All help appreciated!

Last edited by JenAtkinson,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm experiencing an ongoing issue with my PS5 where, upon powering it on, I encounter a black screen. The console's background music and joystick sounds play intermittently, indicating that the system isn't completely unresponsive. Despite testing different HDMI cables and ports, the issue remains unresolved. My TV, which has HDR capabilities, also doesn't show any video output.

While playing certain games such as Astro's Playroom and GTA V, I've noticed visual artifacts on the screen. In more severe instances like God Of War, these games freeze, resulting in a system-wide black screen that even persists in Safe Mode.

Additionally, some games (Elden ring) launch to a black screen after the safety warning, although the audio continues. On some occasions, the console experiences crashes, which trigger a system shutdown and hard drive repair sequence upon restart. However, after the repair process completes, the screen remains black. (a very random situation as you guys can see)

I've extensively searched various platforms, including GBAtemp and other forums, for a solution but haven't found any. I welcome any help or suggestions to resolve this issue.

Update: Still no luck with my PS5 black screen issue, guys. I've tried more suggested fixes I found online. I've tested different HDMI cables, ports, and TV settings. Games are freezing any new ideas? All help appreciated!

You got other TV or Monitor you can test with?

JenAtkinson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
But the hdmi connector seems fine, and how can i check GPU.
I am reading a blog currently that is telling me that there might be an overheating issue causing it. i do have thermometers that will give somewhhat results. i will update here how the results go in a while.

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
I've seen this situation came in before. Mostly when running PS4 small games you won't see much but when PS5 3A games like GOW or similar you would have game freeze or statics pixels on the screen. These are not HDMI port related but the APU/CPU/GPU defected(bad quality control). Send out to SONY for repair if possible.

Reactions: scroeffie1984

JenAtkinson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I've seen this situation came in before. Mostly when running PS4 small games you won't see much but when PS5 3A games like GOW or similar you would have game freeze or statics pixels on the screen. These are not HDMI port related but the APU/CPU/GPU defected(bad quality control). Send out to SONY for repair if possible.
Hey, I am living in an area where it is pretty difficult to send it over.

But the hdmi connector seems fine, and how can i check GPU.
I am reading a blog currently that is telling me that there might be an overheating issue causing it. i do have thermometers that will give somewhhat results. i will update here how the results go in a while.
Hey guys, as promised just wanted to update you all on my PS5 black screen issue. After trying multiple suggested fixes found online, I stumbled upon a blog that recommended cleaning the PS5 due to overheating. I decided to give it a shot, and sure enough, after monitoring the temperatures, they were pretty hot after removing the PS5 lid.

This exact video shows how to check temperature: https://youtube.com/embed/uUqN1yAF65E?feature=oembed

I followed the recommended cleaning process and was able to fix my black screen issue. However, as a precaution, I am thinking to order a fan for my PS5 to keep the temperatures down and prevent any future issues. I am doing some research and let me know if it will be helpful.

I just wanted to thank everyone in this thread for their help and suggestions. It was great to have a community to turn to when when I was struggling with this issue.

Last edited by JenAtkinson,

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you using 120hz mode with an older HDMI cable? Most older cables aren't able to utilize the bandwidth required for hdmi 2.1 and will produce intermittent screen flickering when trying to do so. If this is the case make sure you have the original hdmi cable that came with the system or use one that is HDMI 2.1 certified.

JenAtkinson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Yup on 120 HZ, I am using the original cable but the issue was probably with overheating, and I have bought a cooling fan too which keeps it cool, is almost sound less so no issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?