PS4, Xbox One or Wii U - Which is your favourite controller of this gen?

Favourite controller of this generation

• PS4

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Wii U

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Gy4zu5M.jpg
YnKb9uJ.jpg
wiiuprocontroller.jpg

Comfortability: Xbox One (it feels just perfect for my hands)
Battery life: Wii U Pro Controller (80 hours)
Layout: Xbox One (since I used Xbox controllers before I still get the A, B, X and Y wrong on the WUPC)
Weight: Wii U Pro Controller (being super light-weight allows for long gaming sessions without the hands feeling tired of holding it)

So for me, my ideal controller is Xbox One and I've tried PS4's too but it was a tad small for my hands and not as meaty as the XO controller. It's a shame that the WUPC doesn't have analogue triggers or it'd be almost as good as Xbox One and PS4's controllers.

Due to the controller alone I'm more inclined to the Xbox One than PS4 but there's the device which allows to use any of them whether it's the Wii U, PS4, Xbox One or even last-gen consoles (I think).

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine would be like this

The Wii u gamepad is the one I love the most due to how it is but I am judging this solely on it as a controller and not based on games or what not

The ps4 is my favorite because the wiiu pro (by Nintendo) is something I hate die to its layout and trigger issues and I don't own a xbone but I've tried the controller and it feels like a step down from the x360 controller

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I like the PS4 controller and I give it extra points for finally changing after three years of stagnation. Every aspect of the controller has been improved and although the Wii U gamepad wins as far as functionality goes, the PS4 one is close behind and it's more ergonomical.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I like the PS4 controller and I give it extra points for finally changing after three years of stagnation. Every aspect of the controller has been improved and although the Wii U gamepad wins as far as functionality goes, the PS4 one is close behind and it's more ergonomical.
I didn't vote because I haven't used the X1 or PS4 controllers recently (at Best Buy), and I don't remember what they felt like. How has the PS4 controller changed? It looks pretty much the same to me.

My hands are sort of big, so most controllers feel a little to small for me. That's probably one reason I like the Gamepad so much.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't vote because I haven't used the X1 or PS4 controllers recently (at Best Buy), and I don't remember what they felt like. How has the PS4 controller changed? It looks pretty much the same to me.

My hands are sort of big, so most controllers feel a little to small for me. That's probably one reason I like the Gamepad so much.
Dido, I'm 6'6 and I can say it is very comfortable in my hands

Reactions: JoostinOnline

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
1- Also voting X1 controller. This one is ergonomic and light, very good for long gaming session.
2- Ps4 controller feels the same of a ps3 controller to me. Voting meh for it.
3- WiiU gamepad isn't much confortable, but does the job. My 3rdparty WiiU pro controller is pretty good though.

Dido, I'm 6'6 and I can say it is very comfortable in my hands
holy crap you are facking tall! :O

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Duelshock 4:
Is bigger so it fits in your hands better
Much improved analog sticks
improved trigger buttons
touchpad is surprisingly nice to use
D pad is pretty good )though no where near Vita quality)

Battery life is laughably bad.

Reactions: JoostinOnline

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
PS4 should not be considered.
It has been the same design for 4 generations in a row. XD
Adding a "touchpad" at the center doesn't change anything.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah.
I ultimately think your favorite controller depends on your hands and the types of games you like to play
Agreed. When I was younger I absolutely loved the Gamecube controller, because it fit perfectly in my hands. I used to say Nintendo checked my hands so they could make the perfect controller. Now working on Nintendont is a huge pain.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Xbone of course. Took the perfect controller and made it a bit better. Hard to improve on perfection really.

PS4 is meh. It's a bit better but still no where near as good as xbox.

lol wiiu. The Wii60 pad is like a poorly designed chinese 360 pad knockoff.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xbone of course. Took the perfect controller and made it a bit better. Hard to improve on perfection really.

PS4 is meh. It's a bit better but still no where near as good as xbox.

lol wiiu. The Wii60 pad is like a poorly designed chinese 360 pad knockoff.
Funny when I first heard of it that was what I thought more or less

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?