Hacking Hardware Ps4 Slow even with SSD

marmochi420golfpatru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I have a first model jailbroken phat ps4 on 9.00 with an ssd installed.
I've been getting this weird slowness in loading times with the games that have been installed earlier than others,for instance Ghost of Tsushima which has been for about 6 months on the console loads in about 10-15 minutes(which is unacceptable on an ssd) and fifa 23 which was installed about 2 weeks ago loads near instantly.Any solution/cause for this issue?

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
When Sony made the ps4 they didn't make them with the necessary sata port in order to fully use the ssd's speed. So wether you use a ssd or hdd in a ps4 it doesn't change much, it doesn't even matter if you put the fastest ssd on earth in the ps4, it won't be able to use the speed. Maybe you can get a difference of 4-5 seconds while loading games but nothing more. That's why they focused so much on the ssd with ps5

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
When Sony made the ps4 they didn't make them with the necessary sata port in order to fully use the ssd's speed. So wether you use a ssd or hdd in a ps4 it doesn't change much, it doesn't even matter if you put the fastest ssd on earth in the ps4, it won't be able to use the speed. Maybe you can get a difference of 4-5 seconds while loading games but nothing more. That's why they focused so much on the ssd with ps5
And moreover, I ‘ve seen posts about users having issues over the time with ssd with games installed.

I’ve got one that I use only for transferring,, installing and for backups, on USB 3 , in an enclosure , faster than HDD for this work, but not faster than Ethernet. I think the bottle neck is on my PC side , even with a 1G wired. SSD also, but “old sata “.

The two others are HDD (internal only homebrews), external extended storage 2,5 “” with all my games (and an old App2usb drive to move from internal in case of, and access content via PC).

Last edited by Maupiti,
Reactions: DebianLoriX

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
And moreover, I ‘ve seen posts about users having issues over the time with ssd with games installed.

I’ve got one that I use only for transferring,, installing and for backups, on USB 3 , in an enclosure , faster than HDD for this work, but not faster than Ethernet. I think the bottle neck is on my PC side , even with a 1G wired. SSD also, but “old sata “.

The two others are HDD (internal only homebrews), external extended storage with all my games (and an old App2usb drive to move from internal in case of, and access content via PC).
When I had my ps4 (still have it but in another country) I used a 2.5in hdd in an enclosure to make it external and used that to transfer the pkgs to my ps4. I'm patient so speed never bothered me but I remember being somewhat fast. Never tried ethernet since I was too lazy to buy a cable when I already had 2 hdds laying around. Might be because my laptop had a usb 3.0 port and the external enclosure is 3.0 so it utilises the full speed while copying files

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
When I had my ps4 (still have it but in another country) I used a 2.5in hdd in an enclosure to make it external and used that to transfer the pkgs to my ps4. I'm patient so speed never bothered me but I remember being somewhat fast. Never tried ethernet since I was too lazy to buy a cable when I already had 2 hdds laying around. Might be because my laptop had a usb 3.0 port and the external enclosure is 3.0 so it utilises the full speed while copying files
Between SSD 3.00 connected to usb 3.00 port of the PS4, and Ethernet 1G from my laptop ( installing from internal SSD of my laptop), very little difference, but still “correct “, about 30-40 mins for a PKG over 100 Go.

My laptop has a real 1Go Ethernet, but I think the internal Sata doesn’t take all the full speed of the SSD , it’s an old HP elite book G2 upgraded , but does the job.

Last edited by Maupiti,

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Between SSD 3.00 connected to usb 3.00 port of the PS4, and Ethernet 1G from my laptop ( installing from internal SSD of my laptop), very little difference, but still “correct “, about 30-40 mins for a PKG over 100 Go
I only installed games that were max 70 gigs because the hdd was a 128gig one, also internet was really slow so having to download over 100 gigs would take me like 2 weeks or something. Imagine having bloodborne, the physical copy in another country so you donwload it, it took 5 or 6 days for it to download, and if I remember right that game is like max 40 gigs

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I only installed games that were max 70 gigs because the hdd was a 128gig one, also internet was really slow so having to download over 100 gigs would take me like 2 weeks or something. Imagine having bloodborne, the physical copy in another country so you donwload it, it took 5 or 6 days for it to download, and if I remember right that game is like max 40 gigs
Yes , I understand, but what we were taking about, is that , in my opinion, a SSD is pointless on a PS4 , internal or as extended storage for games.

And if we talk about PS5 , not sure SONY handled well the NMVE SSD 🤔

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch