PS4 Save Mounter/Apollo Problems

Blackgloves23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried several different methods using MW's YouTube channel and other Youtubers. I've even used the hacking forums where bucanero/other devs commented back to people (PSXHAX).
I've also used both Save Mounter and Save Apollo tool.

RE2 save does not work when I try to re-region. With both methods I'm always getting the error saying that "this save data is not compatible and cannot be used."

I'm running PS4 Pro FW 9.00. Console/Account ID are the same and my PSN activated account. I'm sharing my own saves with myself.

TL;DR: Move my RE2 Save file CUSA09171 (EU) to my CUSA09193 (US)
I have the US version (v1.05) as a disc and converted fpkg. EU verson is a fpkg running v1.04. (Both share same Keystone)
Yes, I've also tried moving the saves with both games being at 1.00.

Any help?
I'm usually good at researching forums and looking at videos. But this particular issue, I just can't seem to fix!!! :angry:

Last edited by Blackgloves23,

Blackgloves23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick response. I do see that you've helped others so I was hoping that you'd comment!
I tried messing with the param.sfo but I'm not sure if I'm using the correct app.

Can I also use "orbis-pub-sfo.exe"? Or only hex editor can do that?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that I don't know. I've never opened a save sfo in that app. you might try that first. if it doesn't work, try a hex editor.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There should be a ps4 param.sfo editor, just like the ps3 did
that param.sfo editor is pretty shitty, which is why I suggest the official one if possible. I don't know if it's possible with a save, but hex editing should be good, just press ctrl+h to replace all instances of the original title id with the new. the title id will be in the ascii/text field btw, not the hex one.

Blackgloves23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys.

hat param.sfo editor is pretty shitty, which is why I suggest the official one if possible. I don't know if it's possible with a save, but hex editing should be good, just press ctrl+h to replace all instances of the original title id with the new. the title id will be in the ascii/text field btw, not the hex one.
So replace "CUSA09193" to "CUSA09171"?

I think if i do that, then when i decide to bring over my (US) save over to my PS5 then I'll run into the same issue again.
Because param.sfo would be different again. Right?

Blackgloves23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, this sucks. Why does Sony care SO much if we edit our saves!
Just have a protection for save edits similar to SW or PC trainers that once you go online, the cheats no longer work. Or ban the player for breach of ToSA..

Blackgloves23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it will most likely work on the ps5 if it does on the ps4.
I'll try it soon or later tonight.

I'll keep you posted. I saw how you helped someone recently with his Far Cry 6 save.
I'm trying to do the same so that maybe my issue here can help others.

Also plan on writing a tutorial if I get this to work so I can share with Bucanero. Maybe he can trace my steps and find a way to fix this similar to how SW does it.

Reactions: godreborn

Blackgloves23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update:

I edited the param file using hex editor.
Not sure if i did it correctly but I'm attaching the original and new one. Original is the file that says ".bak"

I still receive the same DAMN ERROR!!! How's SW resigning it so easily for people who use their service?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks right. not sure what it's checking. you may want to remove that upload though as the save param.sfo contains the account id.

Blackgloves23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the heads up! I removed it.

The only thing that comes to my mind is, is it possible that the data.bin (decrypted save) description is not matching with the param.sfo?'

Ex, my RE2 (EU) last auto save was at the end in the lab area.
RE (US) last auto save is right in the beginning at the gas station

But then again, I've rewatched MW's save apollo video over 10x now lol. He manipulated his daysgone file to a progress later in the game. Even though the save description was showing the beginning mission.

I'm lost here lol

Blackgloves23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, why is this game save so complicated.
In all my life of being involved in homebrew, i always managed to figure it out with ps1,ps2, and ps3 days.

I started creating forum accounts in ps4's homebrew because of all this crap lol. I don't even want to think about PS5 JB because i heard that sony added another layer of security on top of what we see in PFS right now.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, it's tpm, I believe, on the ps5. I could ask in the dev channel if there's a specific way to change region of saves. I know you can with save wizard, but savemounter/apollo, I'm not sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: peepee