Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a Pi Zero I use as a host from this github:

https://github.com/PaulJenkin/PS4RaspberryPi

I'm sure many of you use the same, and I hope that someone has a solution to my problem. When I try updating the GoldHEN bin using the instructions, once the exploit delivers the payload it says "payload is empty," or similar.

I've tried several times and have had to actually reflash the sd image to rectify this error. I'm stuck on GoldHEN 2.0b until I can get it working (not a huge problem but annoying.)

ElConsolero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You need 1st to upload/copy the goldhen.bin file to the specific folder in sd-card. Then, go to "goldhen" and select the .bin file. After that, you can run your exploit and load goldhen automatically.

P4RI4H

OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You need 1st to upload/copy the goldhen.bin file to the specific folder in sd-card. Then, go to "goldhen" and select the .bin file. After that, you can run your exploit and load goldhen automatically.
That's what I did, following the (somewhat vague) directions on github. I can see the appropriate bin in the folder after selecting goldhen on the bottom right, but it gives me this error after trying to exploit.

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

P4RI4H

OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
That's what I did, following the (somewhat vague) directions on github. I can see the appropriate bin in the folder after selecting goldhen on the bottom right, but it gives me this error after trying to exploit.

Forced a restart of the pi and shutdown PS4 both before trying, and it worked. It doesn't automatically restart so I'm thinking I probably pushed the new payload and tried to exploit without restarting the pi and it broke it permanently so even a restart after the fact didn't help. Can't be sure without trying.

Yemeth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I just attempted this myself.

Problems:
The location on the SD card is suppose to be "./usr/html/Bin/Goldhen/"
I never found such a path.

I tried connecting the Pi Zero to PC with USB cable, and connecting the SD Card to PC with a reader.
I saw different folder structures with each method but none matched what was described.

I'm on a desktop so nothing with Wi-Fi on hand to connect to the Pi Zero network.

What I did:
On the PS4 I had the Pi Zero connect to my home network over Wi-Fi.
Reboot Pi.
On PC locate the new IP Address on my router.
Use that IP Address to FTP with Filezilla.

This did show me a Goldhen folder with the other .bin files inside.
I uploaded the new GoldHEN release into that location.

Open the IP Address in my browser to access the Pi Zero.
Wifi Disable and Reboot Pi.

Back on the PS4 go the green GoldHen button.
Select the new release.
Reboot Pi.

Now the blue GoldHen button should load the new version.

Something of note:
I see the notification pop then disappear. When I press OK I'm told it loaded. But I still didn't see the additions.
I then went back into the menu, loaded GoldHen again, now I see the gold notification pop and everything else I expected is working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ