PS4 Pro in 2022?

AATHENINJA206

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone! I hope your having a wonderful day/night!
Question, is it worth it to get the PS4 pro in 2022?
I've never owned a playstation since 2010 and I've been an Xbox player since 2014. I was deciding to get a PS5 but because Xbox is my main gaming console/platform I thought it would be a good idea to get a playstation 4 for the exclusive games.
Any thoughts?

Geesehoward79

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi everyone! I hope your having a wonderful day/night!
Question, is it worth it to get the PS4 pro in 2022?
I've never owned a playstation since 2010 and I've been an Xbox player since 2014. I was deciding to get a PS5 but because Xbox is my main gaming console/platform I thought it would be a good idea to get a playstation 4 for the exclusive games.
Any thoughts?
No. Go directly to PS5 if you can.

AATHENINJA206

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Series S is nowhere near as good as the X. If you have the money just got PS5 + Series X.
TBH, I don't really care about 4k and 120 and ... Etc. So the Series S is great for me. Plus most of my games are digital. And I already have a 360 laying around so backwards compatibility shouldn't be a problem on Xbox. And I don't game that often.
(Don't know why but I kinda like the way the PS4 pro looks.😁)

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are probably 3 factors you should consider:

1. Your level of disposable income
2. The titles (software) you actually want to play
3. The expected time you'll spend using it

All the above are determined exclusively by you - nobody else can tell you what is "best." This thread currently exists for you to argue with people that you are making the right choice, and you will win that argument every time, because it's your choice and no one else knows your situation with 1, 2, & 3 better than you.

For me, I've found that gaming has really stagnated for probably the last decade (2), so I really don't spend time playing games that much anymore (3). Because of that, I didn't get an Xbox One or PS4 last gen, and really didn't feel like I missed out. I currently only own an Xbox Series X because I work at Microsoft and they literally gave it to me. I hardly ever use it beyond streaming apps, though. Still no PS5, and not really planning on getting one either. I will use my money on other things (1).

But that's just me. You do you. Hope you have fun with it!

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The PS5 is expensive, horrible to look (shape), white, not hackable easily, almost no real exclusives games.....
Also, of course, Ps5 doesn't emulate PS1, PS2, PS3 and no perfect PS4 had it should had and some were tricked for that....
Take the PS4 Pro for 150$, I've found one for 150€ with 2 controllers and around 6 games!
Wait for a new model that will be Small flat, black, and can emulate all PS Games like the true ring of Sauron!!
I've seen someone making a PS5 Flat one on youtube, it was amazing.....and not a telephone pole!

Reactions: AATHENINJA206

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just one thing, if I do manage to get a PS5, should I use my Series S for 3rd party games or the PS5?
This would depend on if you're a Gamepass subscriber, or considering replacing GP with Plus (Premium) if you are.
If you're one of those that purely wants to own games, then the obvious answer is the PS5.
Gamepass = Series S for whatever is on that service, PS5 for the rest.
If you can't get a PS5 and plump for the PS4 Pro however, then in most cases you're gonna want to get 3rd party games on your Series S

Reactions: AATHENINJA206

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle