PS4 now has a public backup loader for FW 4.05

ps4-overview-screen-03-eu-06sep16.jpg

The PlayStation 4 scene has been incredibly active lately, with new homebrew announcements and projects being constantly teased. Now, less than a week after the release of the PS4 homebrew loader, PS4HEN, there's something big that will most certainly grab people's attention; the public release of a backup loader for PlayStation 4 systems that are on firmware version 4.05. The method to using backups is quite similar to how one enables homebrew on PS4HEN, which you can read more about here. Run the kernal exploit, inject the payload, put the pkg file onto a USB drive, disable your internet connection to your PS4, and install via the package installer. This will allow people to load backups of their games, so long as they are decrypted, and run through a tool called PKG Kitchen, which turns the game into a pkg file, that in turn, allows you to install it to your PS4. This is not an end-all-be-all tool, however, as only games that are on firmware 4.05 or less will work, meaning most games from 2017 and beyond will not work. For reference, Gravity Rush 2 is the last 4.05 title, and launched at the very start of 2017.

:arrow: Source

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well shit....

Piracy is fine IMO, just stay the hell off the PSN with your hacks and modded lobbies... Please.. :glare:

GTA IV and RDR Online free roam are unplayable because of stupid hacks that crash everyone's session. You have to a private session

Unhackable multiplayer (for the most part) is one of the advantages that console has over PC.

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,
Reactions: GilgameshArcher

mgrev

Music Addict, Video Game Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Was considering buying a switch once i started working again, but now i really need to get a ps4 for myself. Does anyone have any idea about model numbers and firmware versions?. I'd really like to get a slim.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well shit....

Piracy is fine IMO, just stay the hell off the PSN with your hacks and modded lobbies... Please.. :glare:

GTA IV and RDR Online free roam are unplayable because of stupid hacks that crash everyone's session. You have to a private session

Unhackable multiplayer (for the most part) is one of the advantages that console has over PC.
"Unhackable multiplayer"
yeah uh no. If anything, it's less hassle to get hacks up and running on a pc.

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Was considering buying a switch once i started working again, but now i really need to get a ps4 for myself. Does anyone have any idea about model numbers and firmware versions?. I'd really like to get a slim.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

"Unhackable multiplayer"
yeah uh no. If anything, it's less hassle to get hacks up and running on a pc.

"FOR THE MOST PART"

The only thing i can think of is potential exploits that missed QA (money glitches in GTA, wall breaches / clipping exploits in FPS's, etc....) PC has access to cheating engines, memory modifiers etc...

try looking up hacks for PUBG, The Division or Rainbow Six Siege on console. Now look for the same hacks on PC.

also...the Slim was introduced at the end of September...you're gonna have a hell of a time trying to find on on 4.05

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
what is possible on 5.01?
i think i am on the latest fw.

it is 5.03 though, and btw.

anyone here know whether this new hack related stuff will work even if you go online ?

5.01? Homebrew, linux, PS2 ISO emulation and what most people are looking forward to..PS4 piracy.

Expect zero PSN support for modded PS4's. Sony is definitely waiting to wield the B&HMR. Remember the PS3 fiasco? People got instaB&

Why would you need psn support anyway?? It's modded so you probably won't purchase games.

Modded consoles online is only going to lead to stupid hacks and cheating in competitive multiplayer games..... :glare:

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
5.01? Homebrew, linux, PS2 ISO emulation and what most people are looking forward to..PS4 piracy.

Expect zero PSN support for modded PS4's. Sony is definitely waiting to wield the B&HMR. Remember the PS3 fiasco? People got instaB&

Why would you need psn support anyway?? It's modded so you probably won't purchase games.

Modded consoles online is only going to lead to stupid hacks and cheating in competitive multiplayer games..... :glare:

Your point is lacking objectiveness as it seems. Yeah, PS3 systems got banned... so people figured out how to unban them.
And the rest is just whiny assumptions I don't even care to comment on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work