Hacking PS4 JAILBREAK 6 72 How to Backup and Restore FPKG To a New HD

grabman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS4 JAILBREAK 6 72 How to Backup and Restore FPKG To a New HD I noticed alot of people are confused about this process. So I wanted to make a video tutorial about how you go about this.

I have a very large collection and sometimes there is a need to restore due to the nature of the kernel exploit. This is not anything new to 6.72. It has happened to me several times during my adventures with my PS4s. One of the cooler things you can do is use Sony's own built in Backup and Restore process on your FPKG. A lot of people just assume this doesn't work but it actually does. The process is time consuming and depending on the size of your collection can take several hours. But it does in fact work. You have to go about it in a particular way. In the video I am going from a 1tb HD to a 8tb HD for my internal. Please note I do not recommend app2usb unless you just need more storage. Though I feel it is not the way. These instructions do not apply to an app2usb installation. Merely extended usb and internal fpkg installed.

First thing is you need to initiate the backup from an exploited dash. Go to system. backup and restore. Depending on the size could take hours. In the video i demonstrate a 4 hour backup of 700gb fpkg internal and I also show how to fix issue when 3tb of previously working external usb fpkg displays exclamation mark with new hd.

Once backed up go to recovery menu by holding down power on ps4 from off till you hear 2 beeps. Connect ps4 controller to ps4 via usb. Initialize. Make sure you have full recovery update installed to PS4/UPDATE/PS4UPDATE.PUP on a usb inserted.

https://mega.nz/file/mpcgwajK#SL8cf7jfgB_LHRE_mFsPyML_OITWCkD0kr881-fTRBk

From there just exploit like you normally would then go back to system and backup and restore and this time restore the fpkg backup you made earlier. You will notice in video my fpkg from my internal hd that restored work fine.

Now the external is a lil diff...

Once exploited go to usb devices hit stop using this external then choose to use it again. Wait for your stuff to verify and restore. Watch video and copy how I do it. People think you should take ps4 hd and clone on a pc. This is not the way. Various reasons I won't go into. Feel free to comment on the video if you have any questions. Hope this helps folks out there confused on this.

ItsmeAJ

Trophies
XP
Country
you should add md5 checksum for the pup file.

and damn...870 qvo 8tb which currently costs more than 4x old ps4 pro in my local market o.o"

Last edited by ItsmeAJ,
Reactions: KiiWii

icqlancer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
HAW CAN I TAKE A BACKUP LINKED GAMES FROM INTERNAL PS4 TO RESTORE AT ANY TIME IN CASE OF SYSTEM ERROR AND DELETE MY SHORTCUT COLLECTION LINKED GAME TO WORK AGAN FROM EXTERNAL HARD TO AVOID REINSTALL ALL THE GAME AND USE APP2USB

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
HAW CAN I TAKE A BACKUP LINKED GAMES FROM INTERNAL PS4 TO RESTORE AT ANY TIME IN CASE OF SYSTEM ERROR AND DELETE MY SHORTCUT COLLECTION LINKED GAME TO WORK AGAN FROM EXTERNAL HARD TO AVOID REINSTALL ALL THE GAME AND USE APP2USB
I dont think the backup method works with app2usb and symlinks. Im not 100% but Im sure I tried it before and it didnt work.

Reactions: icqlancer

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't touched my PS4 in forever. I'm on 4.0.5 (I think) because that was where the good exploits were at. Should I keep it that way, or is it good to upgrade to 6.72 now? And... are backups a thing on PS4 now?

(of course I'm sending myself on a Google adventure as soon as I post this).

grabman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think the backup method works with app2usb and symlinks. Im not 100% but Im sure I tried it before and it didnt work.

that is clearly stated in the description. I am actually working on how one would do it. Frankly app2usb should be done last once all other storage has been exhausted. So it's a moot point anyway. This would be gosh your first step prior to making the app2usb step. Get your large hd then get your large external to app2usb to. At least those of us who use the ps4 to the limit...

Reactions: icqlancer

icqlancer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
that is clearly stated in the description. I am actually working on how one would do it. Frankly app2usb should be done last once all other storage has been exhausted. So it's a moot point anyway. This would be gosh your first step prior to making the app2usb step. Get your large hd then get your large external to app2usb to. At least those of us who use the ps4 to the limit...

Language Style is Difficult TO UNDERSTAND - CAN YOU MAKE Easy And Simple Sentences

Last edited by icqlancer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь