Hacking PS4-5.01-5.05-Kernel-Exploit-BY-Anonymous, is this real?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-----a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Literally, like.... just any level of effort at all.... like anything more than just being a complete waste of world resources..

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The last commit was 2 months ago. It's fake.

SpecterDev will release something within the month.

abdellbobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry does this mean we can compile and have PS4 5.0X payloads (.bin files)? I want to test but I'm still on 4.55 FW. Thanks anyway.

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you chief really good news!! So the experimental palyloads are already out! Maybe we should open a thread about it!

Last edited by depaul,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

jmrodrigues

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Lightningmods's isn't a developer, cfwprophet been yelling at him for a while for stealing others work. Best thing to do is starting to ignore him.

darkfires

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure where you got 2 months ago for commits from as it was first committed on May 15th.. I looked at the source and it appears only for 5.01, considering the amount of other people angry at him for releasing it I would say there's a chance it's legit even if it's a WIP. It definitely looks like a kernel exploit to me, look at source/main.c deals with privilege escalation and remounting filesystems. Has anyone actually tried it?

Reactions: peteruk

darkfires

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so I tried compiling the kernel exploit... either one of two things is going on.

1) He either intentionally left 20+ mistakes and a missing file so people couldn't make use of it without having programming knowledge cause it's a WIP.
2) He was stealing commits from the real devs and manually applying without any understanding of C (and didn't even bother trying to compile it).

I don't know enough of what actually goes on with those guys to say for certain which and if it ends up working don't really care which is the truth. I was able to get it to compile after fixing the mistakes and recreate the missing file. I have a PS4 Pro with 4.7 on it I'll update it to 5.01 today and see if it works, if it does I'll post the fixes.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so I tried compiling the kernel exploit... either one of two things is going on.

1) He either intentionally left 20+ mistakes and a missing file so people couldn't make use of it without having programming knowledge cause it's a WIP.
2) He was stealing commits from the real devs and manually applying without any understanding of C (and didn't even bother trying to compile it).

I don't know enough of what actually goes on with those guys to say for certain which and if it ends up working don't really care which is the truth. I was able to get it to compile after fixing the mistakes and recreate the missing file. I have a PS4 Pro with 4.7 on it I'll update it to 5.01 today and see if it works, if it does I'll post the fixes.

nice job bruh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol