Hacking PS3 saves

leondmsmith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
is their a way my cousin could transfer his saves from his locked psn account (he forgot his password to psn and had lied about hid date of birth) to a new one?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
nope, the saves are permanently locked to his old PSN ID, the only option you have is to jailbreak and use the ftp trick to make the old saves work with his new profile... that would be your only option

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Locked PSN account? Can he access the XMB menu? If so then he should be able to copy most of his saves to a USB stick for example and then transfer them where-ever (there are a few exceptions to this though as some games have locked saves that cannot be copied). If this fails to work then you can do the following:

Download Kmeaw's custom firmware file, make sure you are on 3.55 official firmware first then follow the instruction below (snipped from another post of mine):
Put the PUP file (should be named to PS3UPDAT.PUP) inside X:/PS3/UPDATE/, where X: is the USB stick/device letter and plug it into the PS3, then update via the 'Update from removable storage media' option from the XMB (may not be that exact phrasing).

You can then proced to download blackb0x FTP server v1.2 (latest) and install it, it will come as a .pkg file which you can install via 'Install Package Files' on the game XMB, you can load it up, then connect to your PS3 either remotely or via ethernet cable (no crossover cables required!) using software such as flashfxp or filezilla, I prefer the former as the latter option tends to have a few problems with blackb0x. Then you can ftp into the PS3 using the IP provided with blackb0x and access the saves and transfer them to your PC.

leondmsmith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
luke_c said:
Locked PSN account? Can he access the XMB menu? If so then he should be able to copy most of his saves to a USB stick for example and then transfer them where-ever (there are a few exceptions to this though as some games have locked saves that cannot be copied). If this fails to work then you can do the following:

Download Kmeaw's custom firmware file, make sure you are on 3.55 official firmware first then follow the instruction below (snipped from another post of mine):
Put the PUP file (should be named to PS3UPDAT.PUP) inside X:/PS3/UPDATE/, where X: is the USB stick/device letter and plug it into the PS3, then update via the 'Update from removable storage media' option from the XMB (may not be that exact phrasing).

You can then proced to download blackb0x FTP server v1.2 (latest) and install it, it will come as a .pkg file which you can install via 'Install Package Files' on the game XMB, you can load it up, then connect to your PS3 either remotely or via ethernet cable (no crossover cables required!) using software such as flashfxp or filezilla, I prefer the former as the latter option tends to have a few problems with blackb0x. Then you can ftp into the PS3 using the IP provided with blackb0x and access the saves and transfer them to your PC.

thanks luke_c, will it be easy to tell which are the saves he wants? are they under specific profiles? once i copy them to the pc do i just connect to the other profile and send them back?

Cheers

Leon

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
leondmsmith said:
thanks luke_c, will it be easy to tell which are the saves he wants? are they under specific profiles? once i copy them to the pc do i just connect to the other profile and send them back?

Cheers

Leon
The saves will be identified by the game ID, e.g. BLESXXXXX, BLUSXXXXX, BCUSXXXXX etc. As for the location of them, they should be stored in /dev_hdd0/home/0000000X/savedata, the last number can be anything I assume, I have three folders, one with 1, one with 2 and one with 5. I think they account for profiles as the first one, my main account has a lot of saves in the savedata folder whereas 5, presumably my us account has next to none. Some of the saves are named like BLES00731-NARUTO_STORM-0, obviously with this I can tell the game is Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm.

As for copying back to another profile, it should work fine, in fact you don't even need to transfer them to your PC, you can move the whole save folder directly into the savedata folder on the other profile, download and install Comgenie's Awesome FileManager and it gives you the option to move folders using R2, have the folder you want to move it to on the right of the screen, and make sure you press select to go into advanced mode where you can copy folders etc outside of /dev_usb0/ and /dev_hdd0/game/. The background should turn red.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Link the Twink?