Hacking PS3 & RetroArch Issues with Rebug??

S3GA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, im new to this whole site and homebrew thing, so i'm hoping you wont mind me posting this here, im sorry if this has been discussed before, i was looking for some solutions and landed on this site which seems to be helpful for many of you, so i thought id post and maybe get some insights if its possible.

firstly, i have no idea what i'm on CFW wise, as i said im new to this whole thing, i installed rebug 4.86 (my first JB attempt which went smoothly) however i don't know if its CEX or DEX, when i load up rebug tools, and go to CEX/DEX menu, all it says is "install rebug REX edition to access these features" the rebug firmware i installed came from a trusted site too and it didn't say "CEX or DEX" on it, many claimed that "rebug" was the best one to install so i did. i cant complain as it worked and its running.
anyway i'm running CFW, everything like multiMAN, rebug tools etc all work fine apart from 2 things, firstly, PSP loader (no matter which one i use) wont load any games. period. they all crash the console. so i gave up trying and deleted them all.
Secondly, i installed retroarch 1.8.8 PSL1GHT, it installed fine, but its making my console go crazy, the screen loads into a small box on screen, the background loads into blue and grey squares and the options text is all over the place. which doesn't look normal, the highlight menu never stays still long enough to pick anything it acts like i have my finger firmly on the UP directional button and just doesn't stop. plus if i press the PS button on the controller to quit retroarch, the top half of the screen gets stretched and jumps around alot when the PS menu appears. in fear of it bricking the console im not running it again. but first impressions of retroarch are not good. being a novice on PS3 JBs i admit maybe there is something i didn't do or need to do with rebug? i have no idea. that said however if there was then surely rebug, multiMAN, RebugTools etc just wouldn't load in the first place?
before this post turns into a book (sorry) lol, can any of you shed any light on this for me? did any of you have these problems? many thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I mean I would but it's not factual