Hacking PS3 overheating... caused by Cobra CFW??

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
A while back I updated to a Cobra firmware and started having overheating issues. I put it in storage for almost a year, and today I took it out, decided to try to fix it. It was still overheating, and there isn't mch dust inside. So I tried a regular CEX firmware and was able to play a game for 30 minutes without issues, but WebMan wasn't working. I read that it needed Cobra for some reason, so once again, I installed a Cobra CFW, and it started overheating again. Really odd...

Why is this happening?

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
It could just be the thermal paste going bad. I think it's a pretty common issue that the thermal paste sort of dries out.

That's what I thought, too, but I opened it and checked. The guy that modded it cleaned it out really well and checked for stuff like that, but I had to make sure.

mammastuffing

Trophies
XP
Country
T
That's what I thought, too, but I opened it and checked. The guy that modded it cleaned it out really well and checked for stuff like that, but I had to make sure.

It is often the thermal paste under the CPU/GPU IHS that goes bad. This video shows how to replace it. https://www.google.se/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1efG09NQSsI&ved=0ahUKEwjU7oqhk_jQAhXJiywKHSIvCeQQo7QBCBowAA&usg=AFQjCNEezZEF7xn3LLKQJM0hbZlXxOaC_w&sig2=mzfHVjwZJLL_gTDx_-SjKA

It's a real hassle though. I broke a ps3 of mine attempting to do it. :-/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Pikachu used jumper cables it was sadism lol