Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
Ps3 of course, free online play.
Lot's of awesome games now.
Would recommend picking up:
Super Street fighter 4 (if you want a good arcade fighting)
Final Fantasy 13(for your rpg needs)
Gran Turismo 5(if you're a car/racing lover, this is a must!)
Uncharted 1&2(for your adventuring needs)
Call Of Duty: Black Ops (for your FPS needs)

Enjoy!!!

MrDiesel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
It's funny that everyone on Youtube is claiming the PS3 sucks (360 fanboys) and over here everyone loves the PS3
tongue.gif

I own a PS3 as well and haven't regret it yet.

cr235

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
after two 360's i switched and will never go back
nayps3.gif

with the graphics in uncharted 2 and god of war 3, it just proves how good the ps3 is

Reboot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is an easy choice. Look at the exclusive game list. Buy whichever has the most or best exclusives.
Theres no 'better' console from a generic stand point. Each has pros and cons. It always comes down to games.

SubliminalSegue

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
In all honesty, I own all three, and don't favor a single one.

My 360 is used for talking to friends in Live (well, not now, I'm broke and can't afford a month) and the majority of MP games.

My PS3 is for games I can't play on the 360,

And my Wii is for all those games I don't feel like buying, or if my parents come to visit.

I don't have a preference. Personally I think Live should be free or cheaper, but I like the community and marketplace. I like the PS3's sleek interface, and it's interactivity, but it's kinda half-assed on games, personally. I do use 360 a little more though, just because all my friends are on there.

B

ball2012003

Choose the ps3, I have both but I barely use my 360. Don't let people fool you saying that online play is better for the 360, I still play online with the 360 at my cousins house every Sunday and I see no difference at all, that's just something 360 fanboys say. Also what stevetry said about the ps3 having no games, well how do explain my shelf of ps3 games of I have. The 360 is a good console as well but you also said your friends have a ps3 so get a ps3.

mehrab2603

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
seriously i'm sick of this 'PS3 has no games' statement people keep saying.Just look at the exclusive list and you'll see same amount,if not more games available for the PS3 than the 360 and those exclusives are all really top-notch and highly polished.i just don't understand where this argument comes from

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
cr235 said:
after two 360's i switched and will never go back
nayps3.gif

with the graphics in uncharted 2 and god of war 3, it just proves how good the ps3 is

..which still don't come close to Crysis, Metro 2033, or any half-decent DX11 game.

BlazerX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First you have to put everything in a Perspective

Xbox 360 Pros:

---Many people will agree that the graphics on the Xbox 360 is great. Are they better than the graphics on the newer Playstation (the PS3)? That question is debatable. Most people will say that the PS3 is better. Yet, most will still agree that it has better graphics that the popular Nintendo Wii.

---The Xbox 360 was released before the PS3. This means you have a better selection of new games and accessories than you do for the PS3.

---The Xbox 360 is cheaper than the PS3. The machine generally sells for $299 while the PS3 sells for $499.

---If you buy the extra HD-DVD drive for the X-Box 360 you can watch DVD movies on it. It usually runs at around $199.

---It also comes with X-box live. Once you sign up for it, you can download games and music. You can also play online multiplayer games.

---Soon it will also allow you to buy movies and TV shows online and then download them onto your machine (if all goes as planned).

---You can buy wireless controllers for this machine as well. This makes game play so much easier. The receivers run at around $20 and will work up to four headsets and four wireless controllers at the same time. The headsets run about $60 and have a battery power that will run up to eight hours. The wireless controllers run about $50 and have a battery life of about 40 hours.

Xbox 360 Cons

----First there is the price. Yes, the Xbox 360 is selling cheaper than the PS3. Yet, the price is still considered a bit much for the casual gamer or someone on a budget.

---If you aren't into hardcore games, than you won't have as many choices of new games to choose from for the Xbox. Most of their newer games are considered hardcore.

---The Xbox console itself is loud when playing. This can be especially annoying if you are playing a DVD movie. What is the solution for this problem? By turning up the volume of the machine you do not have to hear the swirling noise as much. Yet, this can be as annoying, too.

---The Xbox 360's power source is ugly and heavy. It doesn't really go with the sleek look of the machine. You also have to be careful where you place it. You don't want to sit it close to other objects because it can overheat and become a fire hazard.

Of course the ultimate decision is up to you. Do you think you will actually enjoy playing the game console or if you are buying it as a gift, do you think the person receiving it will enjoy it? After all enjoyment should be on the top of every pro list, even a pro and con list for the reasons why one should buy an Xbox 360.

PS3 Pros:

First off, we would like to say that the console system's main pro is its superb graphics. Most people argue that the graphics of the PS3 is considerably better than that of the X-box, but this is mainly subjective. I, however, believe that the PlayStation 3 is the real winner when it comes to graphics. They are crisp, sharp, and yes, almost perfect.

The PlayStation 3 games are all in Bluray DVD format, which can hold much more information than the average DVD. While the X-box 360 console also supports the Bluray DVD format, it doesn't come with the package-you will have to buy the Bluray DVD player separately. Other features include a Wi-Fi connection, which means you can surf the web and play online through the console.

Online gaming is one of the best PlayStation features. You get to compete with other PS3 gamers, plus, you can do so without additional costs. This is what sets it apart from the 360 console, for the latter will only let you play online at a fee.

The games are also just as amazing. Legendary games such as Final Fantasy XIII, Grand Theft Auto 4, God of War III, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Super Street Fighter IV all make an appearance in the PlayStation 3 console.

Another advantage is its motion sensitive controller, although honestly not as advanced as that of Nintendo Wii. PlayStation 3 gaming will still leave you stuck on your butt; the motion sensitive capabilities are still pretty much a useless feature for now.

Of course, one of its most remarkable advantages is its huge memory capacity, with around 40 GB, 60 GB and 80 GB.

PS3 Cons:

When considering a purchase, especially on electronics, we normally consider the price of the product first. And boy, the Sony gaming console does not come exactly cheap-the price is steep, at around US $399! It is a lot of money, we admit, as compared to X-box's US $149 and the Wii at US $249.

Programming the Sony gaming console can also be a little difficult, especially to newbies.

Many people are also disappointment with its lack of the rumble feature on the PS3 controller, which can take the excitement off the gaming experience.

If you weigh the pros and cons of the Sony console, you'll see how greatly the pros outweigh the cons! Bottom line is, it is simply superb! It's all up to you whether or not to buy the console.

PokemonV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The PS3 costs the same as the 360, at $299. It is clear you have copied this information from an old source.

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
Most game are now coming out on the PS3. It seems that the Market is catching up.
I owned a 360 for about a year. I rarely played on it, around 30-40 tines if that. The majority of games for the Xbox include tonnes of violence and gore.
The PS3 provides a great gaming experience without the gore or cheesyness of the Xbox and Wii.
I've only had the PS3 two months and I've been on it almost every day.
Plus GT5 is amazing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: cool