Hacking PS3 Han: Unable to install PKG's

BraveDragonWolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[SOLVED]
If you read my last post on here about the game booting up but won't play, turns out it was just that one game that wasn't working.
I installed another game and it works perfectly. So thanks to "mr.gameandwatc" for guiding me a bit.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As much as I can mod my Wii and my Wii U, the PS3 is where I finally have my troubles.

So, I've followed all steps explained on the Han website here: http://www.psx-place.com/threads/ps...n-cfw-compatible-slim-superslim-models.16672/
Everything goes well until I want to install pkg's such as PS3 games, (currently trying to install to other files. Will explain now)
I found the game I want "Need For Speed: Most Wanted" It's 4GB. I have an 8GB USB stick, I go through the process of resigning the game
and it's .RAP file and all that. I get to where I have to split the game into parts using the PS3 splitter tool.
I found out that I need "Multiman" for the splitted game files. I find the multiman tool I try to install it on PS3 and keep getting the usual error. (80029567) I did the Han enabler before I attempted the installation and still I get the error.
Even when trying to install "ReactPSN" the same thing happens.

DETAILS:

- PS3 Firmware is 4.82.

- USB is FAT32 and is 8GB.

- This is my very first time trying to do something like this to my PS3

- Not using my main PSN account to install games and such. (Is it safe to install things when signed into main PSN account?)

- No knowledge if my console is CFW compatible or if it needs to be.

- Thinking about giving up and sticking to Wii/U modding...

Don't know if I wanna keep going because of this.

Last edited by BraveDragonWolf,

mr.game.and.watc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Last edited by mr.game.and.watc,

BraveDragonWolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

mr.game.and.watc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I just downloaded XAMPP, and I'm really gonna need some pointers on how to actually use this thing.

Just put your pkg file in the htdocs folder where xampp is installed. Run xampp, start Apache and use the command line to get your current ip address.
You need to create an xml file with the info of the pkg, including the path (with your ip address [the v4 one]) and container id.
Last put the xml file in the root of your usb device and when you run HAN, in the package manager a new icon will appear.

Better explanation in this link:
http://www.psx-place.com/threads/easy-way-to-install-packages-over-4gb-via-webserver-on-pc.16605/

Or use the PKG Linker PC tool in the same link I posted.

Would the official windows FTP server work? The one you add through the "Turn Windows features on or off" panel?

I think you can use any ftp server (even the windows one).

Last edited by mr.game.and.watc,

BraveDragonWolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just put your pkg file in the htdocs folder where xampp is installed. Run xampp, start Apache and use the command line to get your current ip address.
You need to create an xml file with the info of the pkg, including the path (with your ip address [the v4 one]) and container id.
Last put the xml file in the root of your usb device and when you run HAN, in the package manager a new icon will appear.

Better explanation in this link:
http://www.psx-place.com/threads/easy-way-to-install-packages-over-4gb-via-webserver-on-pc.16605/

Or use the PKG Linker PC tool in the same link I posted.

Ok, I actually got the game that I wanted installed onto my system. Thing is that I'm now having trouble trying to copy the .RIF file
using the han copier so that I can activate the game. Also I have another account and actually installed the game there, could I still play the game on my main PSN account?

Oh and yes, I do have the .RIF file on the root of my USB and is plugged into the right port. And the error only states that it couldn't copy the .RIF.

Last edited by BraveDragonWolf,

BraveDragonWolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disregard that last post, I was able to install the .rif as a .pkg using the updated version of the resigner.
The next issue is that the game will boot up, but will not work. It will always freeze with a black screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: