PS VITA NOT CHARGING

ShoyoYoshida

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hello. I usually chrage my vita via my pc because i don't have a power block. i downloaded UDCD plugin to play on my tv, but now it seems that the vita isn't charging anymore. My vita is now without battery and i cannot access it. i deleted the plugin from the tai file and fro autoplugin2. nothing really seems to work.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I strongly suggest trying to use a power block and leaving it charging for a few hours even if you have to borrow one.

Sometimes consoles that have run out of battery need leaving on charge for a while before they will give any indication of power on, this is evident through experience with a Switch I've left without battery for a substansial amount of time (about 9+ months, I know it's not good for them ahah).

if the battery has been drained, then using a PC USB port will charge the console slowly, but will supply nowhere near as much wattage to get it powered up again in quick time. It may not even provide the power to get it past that turn on threshold due to the battery management system in the console.

I'm only guessing since I'm not sure how the Vita's power is managed but I doubt the plugin caused the issue.

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If its the OLED model, use the original power brick and keep it on charge.
You know it works when you see the indicator LED flashing orange and once it turns solid orange is when its initiated a charge.

TL;DR: Is the battery is completely drained, it has to trickle charge first before it can charge normally.

Reactions: ShoyoYoshida

ShoyoYoshida

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I strongly suggest trying to use a power block and leaving it charging for a few hours even if you have to borrow one.

Sometimes consoles that have run out of battery need leaving on charge for a while before they will give any indication of power on, this is evident through experience with a Switch I've left without battery for a substansial amount of time (about 9+ months, I know it's not good for them ahah).

if the battery has been drained, then using a PC USB port will charge the console slowly, but will supply nowhere near as much wattage to get it powered up again in quick time. It may not even provide the power to get it past that turn on threshold due to the battery management system in the console.

I'm only guessing since I'm not sure how the Vita's power is managed but I doubt the plugin caused the issue.
tbh i'm pretty sure it is. the plugin supposed to switch the power usb supply with the display to obs. Thanks a bunch for both of you. I will buy one from amazon right now. will a 2000 charger work on 1000 if i switch the USB cable to the 1000 one? because i'm certain 100 % that the cable is not the problem.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
tbh i'm pretty sure it is. the plugin supposed to switch the power usb supply with the display to obs. Thanks a bunch for both of you. I will buy one from amazon right now. will a 2000 charger work on 1000 if i switch the USB cable to the 1000 one? because i'm certain 100 % that the cable is not the problem.
It shouldn't matter which you use so long as it's a 5V charger. If the 2000 charger outputs more Amps, the 1000 Vita should only draw the current that it requires as far as I know!

tooknie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My Vita (1000) wouldn't charge, it seemed almost dead as the Vita will not run from mains and so no lights or indicators were displaying. Left it plugged in for weeks, bought a different charger, etc. Nothing worked.

Turns out in the end the battery was just dead. Bought a replacement off of ebay, swapped it out quite easily. Works a charm now.

Reactions: ShoyoYoshida

ShoyoYoshida

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
My Vita (1000) wouldn't charge, it seemed almost dead as the Vita will not run from mains and so no lights or indicators were displaying. Left it plugged in for weeks, bought a different charger, etc. Nothing worked.

Turns out in the end the battery was just dead. Bought a replacement off of ebay, swapped it out quite easily. Works a charm now.
Thanks for letting me know. I will buy a charger first just to go on the easy route, but if it won't work i'll be sure to switch the battery . thank you !

Reactions: tooknie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch