PS Vita: Game Recommendation Thread

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Games & Content' started by soulx, Aug 31, 2012.

Aug 31, 2012

soulx #eattherude

Message Count:
    Antarctica
    I'll add it but saying that it did well review-wise is stretching it a bit. It got pretty mediocre reviews.

xwatchmanx GBAtemp's Legendary Reploid

Message Count:
    United States
    A thread about the Vita, and SoulX is arguing with someone who's username doesn't begin with 'G' and end with 'uild McCommunist'?

Perhaps the world really will end next month, after all. :P

Anyway, sweet list Soul. I'll keep an eye on this and who knows, maybe this'll convince me to get a Vita eventually... I know I'm loving my new PSP so far, so I can really see the joy in Sony handhelds. Designwise, the PSP seems more advanced than even the 3DS in some ways.
    • Newcomer

Jetowa New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Just wanted to throw out my most favorite games I'm playing on my vita now.

1) Need For Speed: Most Wanted

Awesome pick it up and play racer. Great graphics and lots of missions to keep busy! Also to note the online multiplayer is great even if you don't have any real friends to play with online!

2) Assassin's Creed

Running through this beautiful game at a snails pace. Tedious gameplay sorta turns me off but, still haven't traded it in.

3) BreakQuest: Extra Evolution

I just love break out style games. This one plays wonderfully, loads decently fast, and holds my attention for 5-10 mins of fun at a time

4) Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PSP)

Although I only have an 8 gig vita memory card, I have to say that this is a big deal considering it's like a gig and a half. With that in mind this title is a throw back and I only downloaded it from the PS Store because of it's $9.99 price tag. It's a nice way to tackle a 20-30 minute wait at the doctors, or just to chill at home while getting all nostalgic waiting for GTA: 5 to come out!!!

5) Resident Evil Director's Cut (PSX)

Stop me if you didn't freak out the first three times the dogs jump through the windows? Okay I'll admit it. I know it's coming but it still gets me. I miss these types of games. When survival horror was more about solving puzzles than running and gunning. Seriously I'll be the first to point out that compared to games now a days, kids must think we were zombies ourselves playing these types when we were their age. But come on, no other games have stood up to the sequel shock syndrome as Capcom's Resident Evil series. If you haven't played through this game at least once, you must give it a shot!

Anyways, add me on PSN if you're into it: Jetowa
    • Global Moderator

ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 2

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    I literally haven't taken Most Wanted out of my Vita since I got it.

xwatchmanx GBAtemp's Legendary Reploid

Message Count:
    United States
    Which was when?
    • Global Moderator

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Launch day, November 2nd. A month ago today, in fact.

My word, that was a while ago.
    xwatchmanx likes this.

soulx #eattherude

Message Count:
    Antarctica
    Added AC3: Liberation, Most Wanted and JET SET RADIIIIIIIIO!
    • Reporter

Foxi4 Shotgun to the face is not a contingency plan.

Message Count:
    Poland
    I came to this thread in order to recommend Mutant Blobs, and lo and behold, it's already on the list.

I know it's a cheap game, I know it's a part of the PS+ bundle, I know it's short but... damn! I finished it today and wow, what a pleasant experience. The scaled 2D graphics really work well - I like how the world actually becomes smaller and smaller as your blob grows and the ending is very satisfying. I also enjoyed the Tilt levels, they were a welcome change to the overall mechanics and made the game even more so interesting. I strongly recommend getting this game - it's casual, but it's the fun-casual kind.
    soulx likes this.

YayMii ---

Message Count:
    Canada
    Since the rhythm genre list lacks any actual music games, can I suggest adding Project Diva f (Japan only) and DJMAX Technika Tune to the list?

soulx #eattherude

Message Count:
    Antarctica
    Not so sure about adding Project Diva f. This list primarily contains games that are out in North America/Europe since that's where GBAtemp is located. If I add that, I'll have to add a bunch of other games that are only in Japan too (same with the 3DS list).

I'll add DJMax Technika Tune, though.

YayMii ---

Message Count:
    Canada
    I thought you were adding Japan-only games to this list, because I see Tales of Innocence R on the list and AFAIK it's not released here.
    • Reporter

Foxi4 Shotgun to the face is not a contingency plan.

Message Count:
    Poland
    This thread hasn't been updated in a while so I figured I should recommend a title that's not on the list but is essentially buckets of fun, plus it's super-cheap.

Most AR games feel like they're tech demo's and they don't have a whole lot to offer in gameplay proper. The games you get for free with the system hardly impress and many players forget about the genre entirely, dismissing all others as just gimmicks, and that's not entirely fair since there ARe good AR games out there (see what I did there? :creep:).

One of those games is PulzAR, a game in which you're trying to save the planet from an incoming asteroid.

"PulzAR"
    Genre: Puzzle/AR
    Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
    Developer: Exient Ltd.
    Price: €1.99/$.99 (Correct me if I'm wrong, my PSN prices are displayed in PLN, the Polish currency so those were taken from the net)

I wasn't expecting it to be good but it is - it's like a cross between "The Incredible Machine" and, well, AR - you guide your lasers from the start point to the receivers using lenses, filters and splitters, preferably making them cross paths with the extra coins (for extra l337_5k1llz bonuses) and as easy as it may sound, it's actually quite demanding later on, not to mention fun.

WARNING! Spoilers inside!

It's definitely not a "Game Proper", but as a low-cost snack in-between of bigger games, it does its job very well and you can't argue with the price. Give it a go and maybe your AR cards won't gather as much dust as they used to.
    • Global Moderator

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    One AR feature that unfortunately never came to fruition was WipEout 2048's AR Museum.

Why did Sony shut down Studio Liverpool...?

soulx #eattherude

Message Count:
    Antarctica
    Added Muramasa Rebirth and that AR game Foxi4 posted.

DJPlace BREAKING NEWS!! i don't give a ****!!

Message Count:
    United States
    nice list i give it a thumbs up!!

SPONSORED LINKS