PS Plus games for August announced; Yakuza series joining game catalog by end of year

520a741517682654a157d7ca8df729d985640cd7.jpg

Sony made two announcements today regarding various tiers of their PS Plus service. First up is the regular monthly games for the PS Plus Essential tier, which will receive the following games on August 2:
  • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 | PS4, PS5​
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon | PS4, PS5​
  • Little Nightmares | PS4​
This means that August 1 will be the last day users can pick up last month's games: Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time, The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan, and Arcadegeddon.

Speaking of the Yakuza series, Sony also announced a slew of games from that franchise would be available on the Extra and Premium tiers of PS Plus by the end of the year.

Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami (a remake of the original PS2 title), Yakuza Kiwami 2 (a remake of the sequel) will be joining the game catalog in August. No exact date was given, but the catalog is expected to update in the middle of the month. Yakuza 3 Remastered, Yakuza 4 Remastered, Yakuza 5 Remastered, and Yakuza 6: The Song of Life are also all expected to join the catalog before the end of the year, though no estimates were given as to when that might be.

:arrow: Source (PlayStation Plus Essential August 2022 games)
:arrow: Source (Yakuza series coming to PS Plus game catalog)

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another lousy month. I already have two of those games. Really miss getting PS3, PSP, and Vita games as part of Plus membership. I don't even play multiplayer but I have Plus until 2025.

cyberlink420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tony Hawk is nice, but I can't help but feel like PS+ has been steadily on the decline in its offerings. I've been a subscriber for the last 12 years, and I miss the highs of getting both newer games and PS1 classics back in the day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious