ROM Hack Professor Sinister and his Marauding Mechanicals

ant512

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A while back I released a remake of Chuckie Egg for the DS. I've decided to port it to the GBA with a fresh coat of paint.

Here's a work-in-progress preview of "Professor Sinister and his Marauding Mechanicals":

http://simianzombie.com/media/2018/07/09/ProfessorSinister.zip

There's still plenty of work to do (including all new level designs) but much of the game is playable now.

If you try it out on real hardware, I'd be grateful if you'd let me know which flash cart you use and if you have any problems (my EZ-Flash IV does bad things to some of the ROMs I'm building).

Use the d-pad to walk left/right and climb up/down ladders. A and B both jump. Start pauses the game. Pressing L and R while paused will return to the title screen.

To climb ladders (this is important), press Up as you approach the ladder. When your character reaches the ladder he'll automatically grab on and start climbing. To dismount ladders, press Left or Right as you approach a platform. When your character reaches the platform he'll automatically release the ladder and dismount.

The same applies when you're jumping. If you want to grab a ladder while jumping, press and hold Up (or Down) before you reach the ladder and the professor will grab it as he passes it.

Collect all of the green vacuum tubes in each level to progress to the next.

Screenshot below:
ProfessorSinister.png

Last edited by ant512,
Reactions: Coto

ant512

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An update:

http://simianzombie.com/media/2018/07/18/ProfessorSinister.zip

There are a few obvious changes in this build and some behind-the-scenes fixes:

- There are now graphics for the duck (it's an eyeball).
- Tightened up collisions.
- Music on the title screen (it supposed to be on the high score screen, but that isn't done yet).
- Sprites now appear behind the score indicators.
- Rewrote the text scroller.
- Shaved ~70K off the size of the ROM.

Last edited by ant512,

ant512

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, is there anyone out there with a spare reflashable GBA cartridge and a writer who could help me get a physical copy of the game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol