Hacking problems with USB loader GX

MEGAMANTROTSKY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand it's irritating when a newb asks for help in these matters, but I'm at the end of my rope and I have no other ideas; I'm burnt out after trying to follow all these guides and threads.

Anyway, I own a Seagate Desktop 500GB, and it was working perfectly with a WBFS/FAT32/NTFS partition. The games were stored in the WBFS partition, while the the covers were stored in the FAT32 partition. I used Seagate's DiscWizard tool to format the drive. My Wii system menu is 4.2U.

Unfortunately, circumstances seem to despise me. To help a friend, I had to reformat the drive to back up some of his files. Knowing that USB loader GX works with FAT32, I decided to dump WBFS once and for all and create a FAT32/NTFS partition on the external drive. The results were tragic. A black screen mocks me with the attempted booting of each game I have stored. USB loader GX still recognizes the drive, and lists all of the .wbfs files that I had transferred back onto my new partitions using Wii Backup manager. I looked for another guide to solve this. It appears that running games from FAT32 requires cIOS 222. As suggested, I decided to install IOS 38 merged with 37/60 to IOS 249 using cIOS installer 3.0 by Hermes. I'm still not successful. I tried messing with USB loader GX's IOS settings, using 222,223,224,249, etc. Now, several threads later, trying to see where I went wrong, I'm at my wit's end. I'm now afraid to touch my machine, lest i consult a professional (all of the lovely folk at GBAtemp). Is there any way out of this?

I know that I'm asking a lot by bringing this up, but I appreciate anybody who reads this or responds. Here is the guide that I followed to load homebrew onto my machine: http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-g...ny-4-2-wii.html

I'm positive that the Hermes program is the only other cIOS program that I've run since completing that guide. Thanks in advance.

MEGAMANTROTSKY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, everybody. Yet another post worthy of a newb. I managed to fix it following another guide. Disregard this thread or delete it if you please.

sirdashadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MEGAMANTROTSKY said:
Sorry, everybody. Yet another post worthy of a newb. I managed to fix it following another guide. Disregard this thread or delete it if you please.
Not to be a snob or anything, but you may not be the only who has the problem or maybe there is someone else out there that would like to do that as well. Why is it that people post "oh never mind I figured it out" without saying what they did? That really pisses me off...it's pointless....

MEGAMANTROTSKY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, you're right. I'll explain immediately.

I wanted to run my backups from a FAT32 partition, but all I ever got was a black screen. I was dumbfounded, because I didn't understand why the error persisted. I figured it had something to do with the IOSes, but I was too scared to mess with them.

A friend of mine helped me install Configurable USB loader (or the usb loader with the red switch logo). When I tried to run the game, the program gave me an error message telling me that I needed IOS 222/223 to run it off a FAT32 partition. The specificity of the error message was very welcome, as opposed to the black screens USB loader GX was giving me.

I followed the guide to install those IOSes at this link: http://gwht.wikidot.com/usb-loader

Do not expect it to work immediately, though. I had to reload the Wii at least twice for it to work properly. After the installation was complete, even USB loader GX followed suit and started to work.

I didn't mean to just rush off and not explain myself; I was under the impression that posts by newbs were frowned upon as a waste of board space. Most guides I read on wiihacks.com tells of frightful consequences if questions deemed 'stupid' are asked. In any case, I won't do something like that again.

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
O.o
I chose ios 249 with base 57 to run with usb loader gx and it works lol.
Only MHT doesnt work, but for that you need ios222/223

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/7EHimfmhrok?si=xpxDoYFxnBtuAR7P