Homebrew Problems with playing GameCube games

MrScribblenaut

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been trying to play an old GameCube game on my Wii with a loader, but I've been having problems. I have tried many loaders, but I keep getting black screens and code dumps, no matter what I try. And I have DIOS MIOS installed.

There seems to be a different problem for each loader I try to load the game in.
With USBLoader GX, it goes to the menu.
With Neogamma, it asks for a disk, and when I put in a GC disk, it launches the disk game. When I put in a Wii disk, it crashes.
And CFG creates a code dump error.

I've followed the tutorial correctly, and I don't understand what's wrong. The game works perfectly on Dolphin, so I know thats not the problem.

Can anyone help me out here? Thanks in advance,
MrScribblenaut

EDIT: Yes, I realize I put this in the wrong section :P Sorry

MrScribblenaut

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, I patched the game and loaded it in USBLoader GX and had the same problem I had with NeoGamma. It crashes, asking for a disk, and I put one in and it launches the disk!
And I'm trying to load the game from a USB drive.

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using DIOS MIOS or Devolution? Because I also can not load gamecube games from a USB drive with DIOS MIOS. But I can load them from an SD card. I don't know why. As for Devolution, I can load games from a USB drive using that. But only from the sample loader. Not USB loader GX.

MrScribblenaut

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using DIOS MIOS, and I havn't tried Devolution.

After reading the instructions for Devolution, I see that it is for games that you have ripped from a disk. I pirated the game (Using pirated games for private use is legal where I live) to see what it is like, and I don't have the disk.. :[

Do you have any other ideas?

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what version of USB Loader GX are you using? In case you are still running the official 3.0 release, then you need to update to one of the newer beta versions (the latest stable beta being r1205, don't use the newest r1207 since that version is a bit unstable at the moment)

Conmore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try my tutorial, it's in the tutorials section. Tell me how that works. If you want to, though, you can test it with the new version of DIOS MIOS, and just use USB Loader GX 3.0 with Cyans patch to have a stable version.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is your HDD correctly setup?

1. You need the first partition to be FAT32, primary, with 32k cluster size (or less, but 32 is better).
Verify that your drive doesn't have another hidden partition at the beginning, some HDD have fake CD-like partitions, hidding it to Windows is not enough you need to delete it.

2. You don't need to patch the game (DMLizard, DMToolBox, etc. are not needed).
You need to put the game in:
USB1:/games/game folder, name it like you want/game.iso
USB1:/games/same folder than game.iso/disc2.iso (if you have a multiDisc game, put disc2.iso in the same folder than game.iso)

1:1 full ISO has better compatibility, no need to compress/extract/trim/etc. unless you know it works fine (always try 1:1 iso first to be sure your setup is fine).

3. on the Wii, you need:
USBloaderGX r1205 (or r1207 if you want installation of multiDisc games)
DIOS MIOS 2.6 (it has auto-swap features, but some users reported more compatibility problem. Use DIOS MIOS 2.4 instead, or don't use Force progressive/padHook at the same time)

If you want to use SD card, you can format it in 64k cluster size, but 32 is working too.
And install DIOS MIOS Lite

manny-macias

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your HDD correctly setup?

1. You need the first partition to be FAT32, primary, with 32k cluster size (or less, but 32 is better).
Verify that your drive doesn't have another hidden partition at the beginning, some HDD have fake CD-like partitions, hidding it to Windows is not enough you need to delete it.

2. You don't need to patch the game (DMLizard, DMToolBox, etc. are not needed).
You need to put the game in:
USB1:/games/game folder, name it like you want/game.iso
USB1:/games/same folder than game.iso/disc2.iso (if you have a multiDisc game, put disc2.iso in the same folder than game.iso)

1:1 full ISO has better compatibility, no need to compress/extract/trim/etc. unless you know it works fine (always try 1:1 iso first to be sure your setup is fine).

3. on the Wii, you need:
USBloaderGX r1205 (or r1207 if you want installation of multiDisc games)
DIOS MIOS 2.6 (it has auto-swap features, but some users reported more compatibility problem. Use DIOS MIOS 2.4 instead, or don't use Force progressive/padHook at the same time)

If you want to use SD card, you can format it in 64k cluster size, but 32 is working too.
And install DIOS MIOS Lite

How would you install the USBloaderGX r1205? I already have USBloaderGX 3.0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum