Hacking Problems with ez-flash?

lostboysteve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I bought a GBA and did the backlight mod. I don't have any original games but I do have a (black) ez-flash. I tried to use it over and over by following the directions on their site and other people's how to videos. No matter what I do it won't work. I power on the GBA and it shows "game boy" and makes the tone, and then just hangs there. Any ideas? Could this ezflAsh be doa? I'm awaiting an original GBA game to come in the mail to test the unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there are pink logo down the bottom of the screen, even a corrupted one?

Some find cleaning the pins and possibly folding a bit of paper a couple of times to put between the case and the back of the PCB helps.

lostboysteve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not know. I will check when I get home. If I remove it and re-insert with the unit on it resets and goes through the logo and tone again.

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like a bad connection. I would try what FAST6191 said and try a bit of paper. If not see if you can test the cart in another system or another game caart in the system itself. Do you know if the gba was working before the mod?

Reactions: lostboysteve

lostboysteve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like a bad connection. I would try what FAST6191 said and try a bit of paper. If not see if you can test the cart in another system or another game caart in the system itself. Do you know if the gba was working before the mod?
I don't. That's where I messed up.

lostboysteve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the cart. I just got my copy of final fantasy and it plays perfectly. The ezflAsh cart is beat (doa)... I tried contacting the seller on eBay and of course they are not in the USA. They referred me to their tech team. lol whatever that means. I may be out of luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show