Hacking Problems with audio files from Shin Megami Tensei V

Deleted member 575055

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello. Recently, me and a friend decided to dump the audio files (songs, voices, etc.) from Shin Megami Tensei V, to publish and document them on GitHub, and we found some things. There were two folders inside a "Sound" folder: Stream and Stream_en. We extracted and converted everything correctly from the Stream folder, no audio files or cutscenes had problems. But we had problems with the folder Stream_en. From what we heard by listening to some files, Stream_en seems to have japanese and english voices audio files, and apparently some cutscenes. The video cutscenes works well, but all the audio files (voices or cutscenes audio) inside the folder have some background noise that makes listening not good. We extracted these audio files and got .bin (apparently hca or adx files) and tried converting them with ffmpeg to flac or mp3, but that didn't work. Did we do something wrong ? Did we miss something in the extracting or converting process ? I attached an .awb file from that folder in case anyone wanna try to do something with it.

Attachments

• E0008_vo.zip
    342.2 KB · Views: 61

Pysis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code:
> vcli -m (getclip)
metadata for ...\SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI\7b8a3a532caddecd02ea823bd01657cb\Project\Content\Sound\Stream_en\E0008_vo.awb
sample rate: 48000 Hz
channels: 1
stream total samples: 419993 (0:08.750 seconds)
encoding: CRI ADX 4-bit ADPCM (type 9 encryption)
layout: interleave
metadata from: CRI ADX header type 04
bitrate: 216 kbps
stream count: 2
stream index: 1
play duration: 419993 samples (0:08.750 seconds)

https://github.com/vgmstream/vgmstream/

Last edited by Pysis,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol