Reactions: slaphappygamer

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They look nice, but how do they feel?
The handles have a matte lightly textured feel to them, the main body is a matte smooth feel. Sturdy plastic that doesn't flex easily. Basically feels the same as before in practice unless you are really trying to feel the difference. Most notably the handles don't have the dimple pattern that the original handles have.
The buttons are also glossy instead matte. I personally would have preferred a matte finish to reduce fingerprints but they are so small in won't really matter. Plus fit the snes version the glossy button finish better matches the original snes controller anyway. They don't really feel different in use so it's more an aesthetic thing.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about the D-Pad? Anyone kow if there is a way to fix the d-pad? Most pro controllers have a flawed d-pad. They fixed it on the Spatoon version (pink,,bleech) Do these per chance come with a new d-pad? One that you can't press up,down,left and right simultaneously? Does anyone know where I can pick up a part and get the good d-pad on my black pro controller?

QuarterLife

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about the D-Pad? Anyone kow if there is a way to fix the d-pad? Most pro controllers have a flawed d-pad. They fixed it on the Spatoon version (pink,,bleech) Do these per chance come with a new d-pad? One that you can't press up,down,left and right simultaneously? Does anyone know where I can pick up a part and get the good d-pad on my black pro controller?

I just do this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/72ftz4/flawless_fix_for_pro_controller_dpad/

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hmm.. did it fix it? I thought it needed a bigger ball under the D-Pad. Like the Spatoon version. Like the SNES had. How does covering the contact help? Can you still press all directions at once? How does a Hadoken feel? Can I just buy a D-Pad for the Spatoon version somehow and swap it out? Anyone know where to get one?

Funny, Ninty had the best dpad for years, now they have the worst. Maybe ill get the Hori dpad joycon... too bad it's blue.

QuarterLife

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.. did it fix it? I thought it needed a bigger ball under the D-Pad. Like the Spatoon version. Like the SNES had. How does covering the contact help? Can you still press all directions at once? How does a Hadoken feel? Can I just buy a D-Pad for the Spatoon version somehow and swap it out? Anyone know where to get one?

Funny, Ninty had the best dpad for years, now they have the worst. Maybe ill get the Hori dpad joycon... too bad it's blue.
Accidental diagonals are gone, I never had a problem with pressing all the buttons at once so I can't confirm that problem.

Hadokens feel great to me, but garbage before the mod. I won't say it's perfect but anything is better.

Last edited by QuarterLife,

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Accidental diagonals are gone, I never had a problem with pressing all the buttons at once so I can't confirm that problem.

Hadokens feel great to me, but garbage before the mod. I won't say it's perfect but anything is better.

I see, I personally don't like the feel at all. I want it to feel like a SNES controller. The Xenoblade/spatoon ones are MUCH better... The stock one, you can press in the center and it will push all directions. Garbage. How to fix it the least shoddy way? I was hoping these shells had a solution..

D

Deleted-458899

Nice!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I like the white one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F