Hacking Pretty sure my new acekard 2i is defective...

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
machomuu said:
Well one thing I know about my Acekard is that it has the contact issue yet it has never affected the loading of games, I don't think that's the problem.
While I agree with you on this, it DID happen to affect loading on my R4 when WoodR4 first came out.
The times when the Menu would boot it would often not load anything, sometimes even failing to fully load the menu. A slip of paper under the contacts and all has been fine.
Nevermind, must have been thinking of another thread or something. The paper trick is a good solution and this doesn't to be the cause of AP or lack of performance on AKAIO or the Acekard 2i's part.

bwmat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Evo.lve said:
Ok, so it's a newish model.

Full format then try running a game with AAP ON. The possibility that it's an EON chip isn't ruled out yet.

did a full format with windows.

nothing really changed.

bwmat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so I used the 2i in my ds lite for a while, and nothing froze, so I'm guessing it really is a contact issue. (that, or it being used in a dsi screws it up somehow, which seems unlikely)

putting paper under the pcb didn't seem to help, I tried unfolded, folding 2-ply/4-ply, and it froze either way. Any other suggestions on how to make the contact more stable?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't do it 4 layers thick.... 1 is usually good enough, 2 should be used as a last resort.
4 layers you get into the 'more harm than good' because now you'll be putting that much more pressure on the pins.

bwmat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
man, I've always had connection issues with my flashacrds, from my m3 perfect which froze if upon the slightest impact to my ak2 which sometimes took 4-5 insert/removals before my dslite recognized it.

why does the build quality of flashcards have to be so low?

I've even heard of people having trouble with the DSTWO, so cheapness doesn't really seem to be the reason, or at least not the only one.

Lightake

Trophies
Website
www.lightake.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi bwmat ,

I recommend you try another MicroSD card , there are some MicroDS cards don't work perfectly with acekard 2i . If it still doesn't help , please let us know.

bwmat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I managed to fix it.

It turns out there was some gunk on one of the leads which was only visible under the light.

I scraped it off with a knife and cleaned it up with some rubbing alcohol and now everything works perfectly.

Pretty strange that it worked in my ds lite(and my friend's ds lite as well). I guess their slot-1's are slightly diferent

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkwLviMVR9E