Power Rangers 2017 - Lacks the Power but has the Rangers.

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 829
  • Replies 2
  • Likes 1
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
The trailers made it look like it'd be really awesome but I tried watching it yesterday and well, I found it to be tediously boring to the point I just fell asleep (they focused far too much on a teen group doing stupid shit). Fast-forward to around 1h30m and then the action finally began.

This is not the Power Rangers 2017 movie I was expecting. Oh yeah, giving them superpowers without the Power Rangers' suits just made it a moot point as they can just fight just as well (but suppose with the suits they've got added-protection).

I'm no critic but that was kind of shit.

Reactions: RustInPeace

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't seen it, but it's a case of it biting into the serious superhero trend that everybody but Marvel is following, the one created by Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy. Also, trying to be realistic with teen life for some reason. Yeah it doesn't have the spirit of the series, and like The Mummy, probably should not have been made, it was a destined box office dud. Hollywood's fallen into a sad mindset that they need to have a franchise, Lionsgate probably wanted something to replace The Expendables as a money making machine, since that franchise is seemingly dead. Bombs that occur from that mindset mean that sadly films get swept under the rug, and sequel talks are dead on arrival. Terminator 5 anyone? That bombed, there were sequel talks before its release, Paramount or whoever owns that franchise wanting to reboot it. Bomb, shhh, swept that shit under the rug. That was 2015, this is 2017, the same thing. Last year's example might've been Jack Reacher 2, no coincidence that this year, Tom Cruise in another box office stinker (people need to realize the "movie star" is dead, in terms of one person selling a movie).

Anyways, you got me talking about movies, one of the things I'm most passionate about, and most rambling and long winded about. I'll stop myself. I will say that I fucking love Elizabeth Banks, she's an angel to me, so if I ever watch this, it's because of her. I've felt that even before the first trailers hit. Just saw her in the Rita Repulsa outfit, learning of her casting and had that aforementioned thought.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
@RustInPeace I went in expecting crazy mech battles and your typical wackiness of Power Rangers but instead what we got was a "Power Rangers - The CW Edition" though to be fair, CW shows have gotten much better these last years so that might be unfair but in the past? Definitely.

Godzilla 2014 was a huge disappointment too, for the same reasons.

Hollywood, just stop!

Reactions: RustInPeace

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E