Potential Wii malware/brickers being shared

ROllerGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This is just depressing.

Whatever you do, please don't give this kid any attention whatsoever (nor any infamy either for that matter), that's what he wants in the first place. When you pay attention or even get involved in his antics, you're just giving him more incentive to continue. If he stops receiving attention for doing stuff like this then he will get bored and hopefully do something more productive, because he'll realise that seeking negative attention won't do much in the long run.

I thought the Wii bricker drama back in 2019 was gonna be a cautionary tale about kids seeking attention and infamy, not an example to live by.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Whatever you do, please don't give this kid any attention whatsoever (nor any infamy either for that matter),
Hard to decide. Complex. I'm uncertain. You are fully right with: An unfriendly person does not deserve any attention, not even infamy.
My problem here is: If there is malware in the wild (or there could be malware in the wild) a warning is required. Somebody spreading malware leading to permanent damage of consoles out of production sadly must get some kind of attention. :!: "Stay away from this because it is malicious!" :!:

If he stops receiving attention for doing stuff like this then he will get bored and hopefully do something more productive, because he'll realise that seeking negative attention won't do much in the long run.
Please be careful with this assumption! It gets repeated again and again. There is a certain element of truth in it – especially with indirect interaction only. On the internet it might(!) work. Success in this regard depends on the attention seeking person. Being ignored can have the opposite effect as well. "This was not enough to get attention? Let me try something worse!"
The moment somebody's real life is touched, this assumption is unlikely work. Completely different example: A teenager gets bullied in school. Teachers conclude that the bullied kid is at fault "for showing desired (for example angry) behavior". Once they stop being a target for bullying, the bullying will stop because it will be boring. Human psyche is more complex than maxims.

I thought the Wii bricker drama back in 2019
I'm not really happy with the word "drama". Anytime an incident, a person, a YouTube channel or whatever gets into focus with something negative and a discussion starts (or even feelings are involved), it gets summed up under this word. A single word falls short describing anything in an accurate manner.

sysoverdr1ve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is just depressing.

Whatever you do, please don't give this kid any attention whatsoever (nor any infamy either for that matter), that's what he wants in the first place. When you pay attention or even get involved in his antics, you're just giving him more incentive to continue. If he stops receiving attention for doing stuff like this then he will get bored and hopefully do something more productive, because he'll realise that seeking negative attention won't do much in the long run.

I thought the Wii bricker drama back in 2019 was gonna be a cautionary tale about kids seeking attention and infamy, not an example to live by.
Agreed, ive talked to him in vc. he literally admitted hes just a troll who thinks its funny, i find it actually hilarious how people see him as a threat.

finthesecond

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok for seriously, this 'hacker' is NOT A SHE/HER. He's a male, a 15 year old that lives in Wales, Bassaleg. Raised by a single mom and is in a special education. He has a sister, probably no brothers. Fatherless.

Yes, I did say his dox, so what? It's not like I use GBATemp that much. Oh and by the way, his DOL's do nothing, they are empty.
Screenshot_20230908-135744_Dolphin Emulator.jpg

After rebooting, nothing also happens. I tried on my real Wii (I have 8 of them) and I was stuck on a black screen, just like it should be.
Screenshot_20230908-172205_Dolphin Emulator.jpg

Divided is a complete dumbass who loves Daf
Fuq?!Boom (idk how to say this person's name) so much he made a crappy 'WiiSlayers24 movie' using his videos and greenscreens.

idkwhereisthisname

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
idkwhereisthisname.github.io
XP
Country
Italy
This is just depressing.

yup, also not to be repetitive, but i also want to mention it, they claimed to have made wiigpt, which is not true

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 38
  • image2.png
    image2.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 44
  • image3.png
    image3.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 40
Last edited by idkwhereisthisname,

finthesecond

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yup, also not to be repetitive, but i also want to mention it, they claimed to have made wiigpt, which is not true
WiiGPTii is owned by Dakotath. Wii Earth already exists and was made by another individual. No downloads for Divided's Dolphin and CustomiseMii exists, looks like his reverse engineering bullshit is fake. Bots are made by using BotGhost.

Reactions: idkwhereisthisname

sysoverdr1ve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiGPTii is owned by Dakotath. Wii Earth already exists and was made by another individual. No downloads for Divided's Dolphin and CustomiseMii exists, looks like his reverse engineering bullshit is fake. Bots are made by using BotGhost.
"reverse engineering dolphin" dolphin is literally open source bro 🤣

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
This is just depressing.

You were the one which had been under the alt called Frutre3, and we're very aware you created Wii Bricker 9000. We can forgive. However we can't forget.

Last edited by Larsenv,

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You were the one which had been under the alt called Frutre3, and we're very aware you created Wii Bricker 9000. We can forgive. However we can't forget.
Damn, I never knew that. I hope he had learned his lesson from this.

Dubbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
bootmii as boot2 or at least priiloader?
I only had BootMii 1 don’t know too much about it all, just followed a Youtube tutorial and set it up though the HackMii installer thingy and then the wad manager stuff and downloaded a wad from a Discord server named “Wii Wad Reeps X” and it did very similar stuff to what fin said and what this thread is about.

idkwhereisthisname

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
I only had BootMii 1 don’t know too much about it all, just followed a Youtube tutorial and set it up though the HackMii installer thingy and then the wad manager stuff and downloaded a wad from a Discord server named “Wii Wad Reeps X” and it did very similar stuff to what fin said and what this thread is about.
never follow yt tutorials

Reactions: AngryCinnabon

Dubbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
never follow yt tutorials
Then where else do i get info? It all seemed to be the same on each source just different homebrew methods, i did the DNS method and in the same tutorial i had to setup BootMii and then i had the channel and followed more, only 1 of the wads ruined my Wii, and i’m hoping i can fix it because i’ve had it for years.

idkwhereisthisname

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
https://wii.guide
Then where else do i get info? It all seemed to be the same on each source just different homebrew methods, i did the DNS method and in the same tutorial i had to setup BootMii and then i had the channel and followed more, only 1 of the wads ruined my Wii, and i’m hoping i can fix it because i’ve had it for years.

Reactions: AngryCinnabon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe