Hacking Possible to Repair Wii U System Memory Error Code 160-0103?

LED2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Voultar released his QSB design and I will probably order some PCBs of it. Would you be interested in that? https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-n...poser-public-test.630798/page-2#post-10126494
Then I could order one more and send it to you. I hope I can get the PCB + Slot + Shipping for under 10€
But I would need a response soon.
Hmm ok sorry over the last few days i did not do much because of the holidays and i'm also not sure if i will do it and didn't really have the time to search for the receipt.

But this sounds interesting, so yes this could be an opportunity if it isn't too late already.

But this is only the PCB, right? So it means that i still have to solder on the SD slot?

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I ordered 10 PCBs anyway as they were the same price as 5. So I should have enough. I would send you the SD slot and the cap with the Interposer PCB. I can presolder the cap, but not the Slot, as you need to solder the Interposer to the Wii U first before the SD slot can be soldered.

LED2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I ordered 10 PCBs anyway as they were the same price as 5. So I should have enough. I would send you the SD slot and the cap with the Interposer PCB. I can presolder the cap, but not the Slot, as you need to solder the Interposer to the Wii U first before the SD slot can be soldered.
Ok thank you. What is the reason that i have to solder the PCB into the Wii U first though?

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you look at the latest design you see there is a big via right under the place for the SD slot. THis VIA is used to solder the Interposer to the Mainboard. If the slot wa salready installed, you couldn't access that VIA. But with enough flux soldering the SD slot, shouldn't be to hard.

LED2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you look at the latest design you see there is a big via right under the place for the SD slot. THis VIA is used to solder the Interposer to the Mainboard. If the slot wa salready installed, you couldn't access that VIA. But with enough flux soldering the SD slot, shouldn't be to hard.
Oh right i see it now... So this via is for connecting to GND instead of the "arm" that was there to solder to the electrolytic cap in the first design?

LED2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So some other things: If i were to use that PCB, ist it stable enough that it holds only on the solder joints or should it be also fixed aditionally? Or in general, what is the best way to fix such kinds of PCB to the motherboard? Double-sided tape? Or hot glue?

And since i'm still not entirely sure if i will send it to nintendo:
If i were to send the console to nintendo and get a new one, i suppose i cannot acces the USB Drive i formatted on this console with the new one. Would there be any way to transfer the files to the new console then?

BTW i tried extracting the files from my USB drive with WFS-Tools but i always just get an error message:
Code:
Error: Unexpected WFS version (bad key?)

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did you specify the otp and seeprom from your console and make sure to not add the --mlc flag.

If you can extract the drive, you can copy over the files too the new console using ftpiiu everywhere. You would move over your NNID to the new console so you can download all the games again from the eshop. After that you can just copy the savegames back with ftpiiu everywhere. You just need to check if the number of the user changed, if so you have to move the files to the right directory of the new user. I can give you de details when we get there. There is also Save Mii which could be used to copy the savegames back, so you don't need to do it with ftpiiu everywhere and it can also take care of different user numbers.

I had to do the same, after I factory resettet my wii u, when I was trying to get rid of FS corruption.

LED2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did you specify the otp and seeprom from your console and make sure to not add the --mlc flag.

If you can extract the drive, you can copy over the files too the new console using ftpiiu everywhere. You would move over your NNID to the new console so you can download all the games again from the eshop. After that you can just copy the savegames back with ftpiiu everywhere. You just need to check if the number of the user changed, if so you have to move the files to the right directory of the new user. I can give you de details when we get there. There is also Save Mii which could be used to copy the savegames back, so you don't need to do it with ftpiiu everywhere and it can also take care of different user numbers.

I had to do the same, after I factory resettet my wii u, when I was trying to get rid of FS corruption.
Yes i didn't do --mlc, i tried following:

For opening the USB directly:
Code:
>wfs-extract --input \\.\PhysicalDrive3 --output "R:\Wii U\USB_Extract" --otp "R:\Wii U\NAND Backup 01.04.23\otp.bin" --seeprom "R:\Wii U\NAND Backup 01.04.23\seeprom.bin" --usb

For opening an image of the USB drive:
Code:
wfs-extract --input "R:\Wii U\SanDisk128\image.dd" --output "R:\Wii U\USB_Extract" --otp "G:\Downloads\Hacks\Wii U\Dumps\otp.bin" --seeprom "G:\Downloads\Hacks\Wii U\Dumps\seeprom.bin" --usb

LED2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Razor83 did you ever check if your console has really a Samsung eMMC?

@LED2000 sorry missed your post, did you get it working in the end?
No i think not, although tbh it's so long ago that i don't know exactly and i didn't really do very much since my easter holidays were over since i had to work again and the nforgot about everything...

Now i still don't know what to do

LED2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I still don't see why wfs-extract wouldn't work if your otp and seeprom is valid. But for the NAND-AID, we now have a tutorial, if you are still interested in that: https://gbatemp.net/threads/160-0103-error.636361/
Yeah i'm still interested but i've got very little time in recent times again, so i will probably look over this not immediately but someday. Anyways, thank you!

LED2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok so here's an Update: I finally did it and installed the NAND-AID!

I already reinstalled most of the System titles and i am glad to see that now things like the Internet browser work again. However, there are still a few corrupted files that i have to replace or get rid off but i don't know how. In the tutorial it says i should use the wupserver but to be hones i have no idea how to use the wupclient.py and i didn't find any documentation about it. It is able to connect to the console it seems but where am i supposed to type in the commands?

Also i attached the mlc_checker log from yesterday after i installed the WUPs.

Attachments

• mlc_checker.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 11

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
By now we have new tools and processes. The recommended way now is to install ISFShax, then put a 64gb sdcard in the NAND-AID and run the setup to install it fresh and clean: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-upgrading-rebuilding-wii-u-internal-memory-mlc.636309/

--------

But looking at your mlc_checker log the corruption doesn't look to bad, so you can also just fix that.
Since the browser is working again you should be able to launch Aroma or Tiramisu to use NUSspli. With that you can just install the last two broken titles 0005003010010209 and 0005001010066000.

Then only the broken save from Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is left. Either delete the whole save if you don't care for it or use ftp to just delete the corrupted files from that. Most of the corruption seems to be in the common save data (shared between users) and this news0303.bin. So your actual save game is probably fine

LED2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
By now we have new tools and processes. The recommended way now is to install ISFShax, then put a 64gb sdcard in the NAND-AID and run the setup to install it fresh and clean: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-upgrading-rebuilding-wii-u-internal-memory-mlc.636309/

--------

But looking at your mlc_checker log the corruption doesn't look to bad, so you can also just fix that.
Since the browser is working again you should be able to launch Aroma or Tiramisu to use NUSspli. With that you can just install the last two broken titles 0005003010010209 and 0005001010066000.

Then only the broken save from Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is left. Either delete the whole save if you don't care for it or use ftp to just delete the corrupted files from that. Most of the corruption seems to be in the common save data (shared between users) and this news0303.bin. So your actual save game is probably fine
Ok i think i got that one last system Title installed with Nusspli now

But how do i get ftpiiU everywhere running?

LED2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's par lt of aroma. You just have to enable the full system access in the aroma settings
Ok i installed that plugin and then i was able to use FTP to delete the corrupted files. I'm now just curious if this can cause any problems if some of these texture files are missing, what are they even for and why are they in the user save folder?

But otherwise, it looks like my NAND is clean now.
20231119_143528.jpg

Reactions: SDIO

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If SSB is working I don't think it shoudl cause problems. Maybe it even recreates these files. If they are missing you might see a question mark in the Datamanagement

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A